The stranger

Neziana POV;

I could hear the wolves howling, cold winter wind was blowing against my face. It was icy cold and I felt my hand almost numb as I held the reins of the horses pulling the carriage. Today was the first day of the Halloweens carnival which was held every year since ages. I pulled my cloak against myself with the hope that it would give a little more warmth to my body. It had always been like this since my brother left seven years ago, we had come for the carnival like always and he on my persuasion had gone to buy me sugar candy while I waited at the shooting store. He had won some money at shooting the arrows and like every time had run off to get my favourite sugar candy. I waited and waited, the stores closed, people left I waited there alone in the cold night but he never came back. People said that he was carried off by the heartless bloodsucking monsters. Since then I always wait for him every year hoping that he will come back or at least I might get a glance of him

I tugged at the reins in hurry to get back home when I saw a figure standing at the roadside, maybe a beggar I thought. ‘Can I help you sir?’ I said as I stopped my carriage. ‘Can you please drop me till ‘Castle Scarlet’?’ a deep voice spoke up. That was the place where the reigning vampires resided the place which was dreaded by us humans. I could see that the person was limping ‘sure, do you need help?’ I asked as he tried to get onto the carriage.  ‘No, thank you, I think I can manage’ said the deep voice. ‘Can I ask you what a young girl like you is doing out at streets at this hour?’ he asked. ‘I went to attend the carnival’ I said.

‘Alone?’

‘Yes’

‘You should not be out alone and that too at the carnival.’ His voice sounded concerned ‘you are beautiful miss and...’

‘It doesn’t matter, it always has been this way’ I said as I cornered the horses at the place where the road passed through a forest after which there was the castle. ‘It is dangerous miss, there might be vampires around’ he chuckled. ‘I am skinny I don’t think I’ll attract any of them’ I joined in his laugh. ‘Some of them have unique taste miss; even being skinny doesn’t protect you from them.’ I could feel cold wind on my neck and knew that he was close. My hair stood at their ends, ‘we are here sir’ I said as I reached the gates of the castle, and it looked mighty against the night sky lighted by the stars and a crescent moon.  ‘Thank you, miss’ he came down from the carriage and stooped low in courtesy. ‘It’s alright sir...’

‘Zayn...my name is Zayn.’ he said as he pulled down his hood revealing sharp features’, dark brown eyes which glowed with mystery, fine nose, dark shapely eyebrows and sculpted strong jaws but the one thing that attracted my eyes was his eyes, those beautiful eyes that any lady would die for

And those eyes were fringed with lashes that curved like the waves of the ocean. I was enticed for a moment ‘huh?’ I was startled as he lifted my hands with his hands that felt like ice and pressed his lips against it. The kiss was soft, ‘thank you once again miss...’ his word of gratitude was interrupted by a person I assumed a vampire who looked like let’s say a person with distinguished status. What was this man doing in a place like this? No longer that this thought had crossed my mind when I received a blow ‘Your Majesty, your brother awaits your presence at the banquet hall’ the person said bowing low. The owner of those beautiful eyes was a vampire that too a royal one. ‘Let him know that am on my way’ he said and turned towards me ‘I think I must go I said and tugged at the reins when ‘stop.’ He held the reins stopping the horses with his unexplainable strength ‘what is your name miss?’ he asked. ‘Neziana’ I said and pulled the reins, he held it still ‘you are beautiful miss and it is dangerous to be out all by yourself’ he said and let go of the reins.

Miss Jonson was at the door when I reached home. ‘What took you so long?’ she asked helping me with my cloak ‘nothing, just dropped a.... stranger home’ I said. The man with those eyes flashed before my eyes and a smile crossed my lips. ‘Would you like to have dinner?’ She asked. ‘Thank you Miss Jonson but I am not hungry’ I said and sat down near the fire place with my diary, my best friend after Marcus. Are you sure? She confirmed. ‘Yes, I had lots of those carnival delicacies at the carnival today’ I lied. ‘Okay.... I am going to bed don’t be up too late’ she patted my head like she always did and wishing me good night proceeded to her room and I like every day started writing on my diary. My thoughts drifted back to those beautiful eyes, they were magical.

 ‘Neziana here’s a letter for you’ Miss Jonson handed out an envelope with intricate design, it was signed with a name which brought a smile to my face ‘it’s Lucy’ I said as I took it from her hands. ‘I am invited to the ball which will be held on Christmas Eve after the service at their chapel’ I told her after I finished reading. ‘That’s wonderful!’ she exclaimed ‘you should attend the ball Neziana’ she said. I smiled ‘I can’t let go of this chance to enjoy right’ I said but my brain thought of a reason more than just enjoyment.  

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guys this is my first chapter..............hope you liked it , Comment ;P