34; sweet times

THIS IS GONNA BE
BAD FOR ME

❝ THIS IS GONNA BEBAD FOR ME ❞

The house Negan was given was dilapidated, the beige exterior walls peeling and the bricks leading to the front screen chipping. Cobwebs disfigured the corners of the home and created an eerie vibe as they approached the front steps. Even the grass was yellowing, since nobody habituated on that side of the town or bothered to water the grounds. Each home had been filled once before, including the one with the red garage. Olivia told her it belonged to some middle aged man that was attacked by a biter, but Vada never got to meet him.

Knowing a man had lived there before, taken refuge from the dead outside, just made the empty house that much more hair-raising. Negan was right by her side, wielding the bat between two fingers, swinging it carelessly by his ankles. The people who peered from the windows, those who stood watching, and especially Aaron looked shaken up. The man had Eric by his side, close by his arm, and she noticed from the corner of her eye, him reach out and link his fingers with his.

She trailed the front steps timidly fiddling with her fingers. She trusted Negan, and she knew Aaron wasn't one to act out, so she wasn't worried of anybody getting hurt. But from past ordeals she knew Negan was one to get under all people's skin.

When Negan laid his eyes on the tumbledown home, his expression dropped from content to somewhat of a scowl. His bounce in his stride dwindled to no more than a few menacing steps, landing right before Aaron and his boyfriend. After a moment, he lifted his finger and jerked it at the house.

"This is the only piece of shit you could find me?" He twirled the bat between his fingers. "For your fucking leader?"

Vada tensed at the word. It was strange to think of anyone other than her own father ruling Alexandria after Deanna's passing. For her life, Rick had been in charge. In charge of their home, then the camp and although Hershel technically owned his farm, Rick still did a lot of the leading. From the prison to where they were now, in their small little town which was now littered with sinister people.

"It's the nicest we could find that wasn't already occupied." Aaron hastily raised his hand and scratched his chin in a nervous manner. "We're sorry." He sent a quick glance to his boyfriend.

Negan's eyes darted between Aaron and Eric, before his scowl quickly curved into a sly grin. "Just fucking with you, Aaron. Why don't you show me the hell inside?" He lifted Lucille and swung her toward the door.

Hesitantly, Aaron swallowed the lump in his throat and moved forward, swiftly trailing to the door. He pulled his open and stepped inside, emitting a loud cough when he smelt the interior.

Vada walked in behind the two, the strong wood, musty odor hitting her as soon as she entered. Frowning, she sauntered to the island and leaned her elbows against it, watching Negan intently as he scanned the room. Tapping his stubble, he turned to Aaron and grinned.