25; change of heart

I JUST DO WHAT
OTHERS CANT

❝ I JUST DO WHAT OTHERS CANT ❞

The halls were crowded and tense. As Vada pushed and shoved her way through the myriad of people, her mind clouded and her eyesight fogged. She blinked but it couldn't subdue the nervous feeling inside of her, the way her feet buzzed as she dragged them along the damp cement. Swallowing the lump in her throat, she pushed herself against the side of the rough wall and waited as everybody passed. It seemed as if there were only a few people stuck on the events that had just taken place, with grim expressions and tired eyes. Everybody else scurried back to their bedrooms like they hadn't just witnessed a brutal murder.

Vada jumped when she felt a hand clasp her shoulder. Her eyes shot over to the blonde man who stood beside her, detached expression. He spoke hesitantly. "Negan needs you back in his room."

Vada pressed herself further into the wall as more people shoved past, elbowing her sensitive stomach. She shook her head in the slightest, eyes widening. "No." Her tone was breathy and soft, almost cracking under the nervous feeling building inside of her.

Dwight shut his eyes and let out a muffled groan. He shot daggers at a man that passed, shoving the two as he hurried forward.

"I'll be the one he's mad at if you don't. Just go and then leave quickly. I really don't care." He mumbled, his jaw clenching as he shoved another guy to the side. Vada frowned and inhaled sharply, moving into the sea of people, leaving Dwight standing alone against the wall. Trudging, she swiftly turned a corner and took the long route to the leader's room.

She wasn't sure what she was supposed to say to him. She wasn't sure why he even wanted her there. It was the first time she'd ever witnessed such a brutal and purposeful murder. She knew before she even reached the door, with her clammy hands and lump in her throat that she wasn't in the right state of mind. She'd felt as if she was going to faint ever since Negan grabbed the guy and threw him into the oven.

Hesitantly, she raised her knuckles and tapped gently against the wooden door. With how quiet the vacant hallway was, it came out louder than she expected. Wincing, she took a step back and held her breath as Negan opened up, signature grin on his face. He'd taken off his leather jacket, leaving him in jeans and a plain white tee shirt. He spun on his heel and jerked his finger forward.

Vada tentatively crossed the threshold and shut the door behind her. Negan had the sink running and Lucille dripping wet as it sat on the kitchen counter, towel draped over it. Hurrying over to the leather sofa, she watched as he took the weapon between his fingers and ran it under the water. With her lips parted and the tips of her fingers almost trembling, she wasn't sure if she should speak up or wait for him to say something. Her questions were answered when she heard his stentorian voice over the sound of the running tap.