Chapter 3- The other sides of the story

Ayano's POV

"Konnichiwa." I greeted when I answered the phone.
"Hi." Marie greeted back.
"You sounds like defeated," I replied.
"Yeah, you can say that." She murmured. And I know what happened.
I chuckled. "Told you. So what's your plan B?"

"Probably looking for a bank that Red hasn't any tied up." She stubbornly replied.
"You know. It's not that bad that you asked for help from your husband." I tried again to tell her this.
"Don't start." She countered defensively.
"Ok sure. Sungit." I chuckled again. "I have a suggestion. Don't know if this will work. But at least pag-isipan mo."

"Ok sure. What is it?" Marie replied.
"I can't believe na tuturuan kita ng financing thru phone," I said.
"Bilis na."
"Ok. Why not go to my competitor and present your idea?" I replied.
"Okay, I'm listening."
"Present your idea to Enrique Tan. Tinalo ko sya sa project sa Bangui. If you will tell him that you presented this project to me, he might give you a lower interest. He is eager to beat me." I really can't believe I'm teaching her this.
"Ok...I will discuss this to my partners and see what our option is. Thanks." She said sincerely.
"But seriously, you have to let Red help you."
"I'll think about it."
"No, you won't. You are such a brat sometimes." I teased her.

Makauwi nga ng Pilipinas. Maasar ko lang 'tong si Red. Ang boring na ng buhay ko.

----------------------

Angel's POV

Ngayong ang pirmahan namin para sa bahay na binili ko sa Country Club. Matagal na akong pinipilit ni Tristan na bumili ng lote or house and lot dito. Hindi ko makita ang importance nito noon. Pero ngayon, magbabayad talaga ako, maka-alis lang sa radar ng mga gold-digger-self-centered-mga-papansin na babae.

The cost of your privacy is millions.

Sinamahan ako ni Tristan sa Admin Building nila. They showed me the security room and wow... and daming security camera. I saw one monitor that caught my attention. I saw my sister and her friends came out from a room and looking odd on their business suits.

Usually, they are just in their jeans when they are here.

After the tour and the security check, I went to Red's office to formally introduce. We met a lot of time before. He is a ruthless businessman before. His influence is imaginable and his power in the business world is immeasurable.

"Problem?" Tristan asked when we saw Red na parang nalugi.
"Woman," Red replied.
"Ahh... masakit nga sa ulo yan." Tristan replied.
"Welcome Angel to Country Club. Your house and lot are ready. You can move in anytime." Red said.

I am a man of few words... Si Tristan talaga ang madaldal. So when Red told me everything that I need to know, I just nod. And that's it.

We went to my new fully furnished house and lot.

Ahhh... ang internet dito, heaven. Pwede akong magwork from home. I am one of the owners of Romualdez Investment Corp. Yes, it is a family business. And my dad left me the responsibility at a young age. I own half of it. My dad sister, Aunty Laura, owns a quarter. And my Uncle Albert owns the remaining.

I am not close to my relatives. Well, Aunt Laura is a different story. She was my Lolo's love child from another woman. So when my dad revealed that he had a daughter somewhere in the South, she is the only one who was happy aside from me.

My family history is for another time. But for now, I will enjoy my peaceful surrounding. And catch some sleep.

—————————
A/N
Remember this scene...
Angel trusted his Auntie Laura.
(Anak din sa labas si Laura)

spoiler alert: lalabas 'to sa story ni Margaux (anak ni Angel).