Chapter 2- Fading

Kaye's POV

Ang ganda ng proposal ni Marie. Planado na lahat. Hindi lang isang building ang itatayo. Mid-rise para hindi matanaw ang mga members. Malayo sa village para meron privacy ang mga members incase na umangal ang ilan. Kasi alam naman natin na yung iba, na may sabit na, sumasabit pa.

Nakakatuwa na naisip nya kaming isama as partners. Including Kath. But she decline. She said she doesn't have enough savings.
Sam is thrilled with the idea. The only concern is that and mga gold digger baka gawing tambayan ang hotel. Pero di ba market din yun? Ang taba ng utak ni Marie.

So now kailangan pa naming ng investor. At ang naiisip ni Marie ay si Ayano.
Kulang na lang halikan ko ang paa ni Marie sa tuwa. We decided to tell this to Red bago pa maghalo ang balat sa tinalupan.

We asked a meeting with Red. Business meeting so we wore a business suit. Damn, I like dressing up like this sometimes. Smart, with eyeglasses to go with the smart look. High heels; Classy pero hindi kasing stiff ni Yumi. Mabihisan nga minsan ang babaeng yun.

Nataas ang kilay ni Red ng makita niya kaming lahat.

"Well, looks like me against the world," Red said.
Marie cleared her throat and open the LED screen for our presentation.

"Do you have to do this, love?" tiningnan ni Red si Marie mula ulo hanggang sa heels na suot. And we felt the spark.
"Behave." Marie warned.
"Ok. I am at your dispose of. Let's start when you are ready." Red replied.
"Sure. So here is our plan."

Marie presents her idea to Red. The part of the land that she is planning to develop. The part of land Red agreed that we can buy. She discusses the part of constructing the building, the facilities, about using renewable energy. She is really an engineer and I didn't understand the technical stuff but I know, that Red has approved the idea.

After the Trisha and Lise discussed the publicity matters. How they plan to boost the tourist. The free advertisement from Trisha's Magazine. How we can turn the hotel into wedding receptions, prenup destinations, honey-moon goal or just simple unwinding destination.

Sam discuss the legal issue, the contracts, policies both our proposed hotel and Country Club and how we can corporate those policies without crashing to each other. Amazing how my friends thought about this.

They have an answer for every Red's question.

And now is my turn. I presented the interior design of the hotel. What fabric we will use. The sheets that we are looking at. From curtains to pillows, to carpets I discussed with Red. And I'm so good with it.

Diane and Cheska discussed the manpower. That is their strength let's be honest. They are good with managing workers. From the bottom to the top. They can be a friend to workers or strict executives.

And now the hardest part.

"Wow," Red said. "You've thought that to every smallest detail."

OMG... Ang ngiti namin, parang opening na bukas.

"So if you have that solid plan, then by all mean I will support you." He added.
Marie cleared her throat.
"Yeah, that is what I want to discuss with you. We will look for an investor that can help us half the finance." Marie replied.
"How much do you need?" he asked.
Marie shook her head. "We already discuss this right? You will let me do this on my own."
"Oh---kay?" sagot ni Red na mukhang naguguluhan.

Humungang malalim si Marie.

"I will propose this business to Ayano," Marie said.

And the hell went wild.

"No... Fucking No." Sagot ni Red.
Medyo napatalon kami sa upuan namin.

Marie looks angry with Red outburst replied. "Why the hell not? You promised."
"I promised to let you alone with your project. But I didn't promise to agree on your every decision." Red replied back.
"Ano ba kinakatakot mo Red?" napatingin kami kay Marie. Oo nga naman ano ba kinakatakot ni Red?
Para kaming nanonood ng tennis. Kung sino ang magsalita, doon kami nakatingin.
"Kapag sinabi kong ayaw ko. Ayaw ko. Tapos." Napatingin kami kay Red.
"Unbelievable. What are you? 5 years old? Kung ayaw, ayaw lang. Walang explanation? I am looking for a business opportunity in here." Napatingin ulit kami kay Marie. May point sya actually.
"I can give you the fucking money that you need! You don't have to ask anybody because I can provide you with everything. You don't need to fucking work so hard begging for investors to lend you money." May point si Red doon.

"That's the point Red. My own ability is fading because you always insist that you can provide everything for me. My sense of fulfillment has gone as a professional. I am not discussing money in here but my self-worth as professional that is not dependent on her billionaire husband."

Natahimik kaming lahat. Including Red. Shocks... Ang deep nun. We didn't know that Marie's self-worth as professional is fading. Sabagay, even Red's shadow speak money.

"It's not necessary Ayano. We can present this to the bank, we can ask for a loan. But we will not ask help from you for money." Marie said.
"Or Renz," Lise replied.
"Or Kyle" Sam continued.
"Or with Tristan," Diane added.
"Or with any our friends in here," I added.

Marie fixes her files. Closed her laptop and stand.

"We will go ahead. Thank you for your time." She told Red. Lakas din makapang-blackmail ng Thank you for your time ni Marie.

We also stand up and went out of the meeting room. Leaving Red looking at the empty LED screen.