Emotional Tirades

I first moved when I was a tiny little kid. I was barely a year old and enough said, I don't remember anything before I moved.

The place I shifted to, I lived there for 6 years. I had awesome friends and even though I shifted schools after my first year, I made great friends. I thught I'd always be with them. We did practically everything together. I enjoyed and had loads of fun. But then they told me we had to move. We were suddenly moving back to my birth place; to a different country. I was excited! I mean, who wouldn't be? New places, new friends. I never thought I'd be losing my friends, so I wasn't bothered. But then the day came.

Saying goodbye was awkward, and the adults seemed slightly sad. I didn't know why. But then, at the airport I realized something; I wasn't going to be seeing them again. And then came the tears, the temper tantrum and the hate to move. I didn't want to leave my friends! Who would, eh?

And soon, I came to a realization. Sure it was hard for a 6 year old, but I knew I had to make new friends in a new place. So I got enrolled in a new school... and I hated it! The teachers pinched me, they made fun of me. The students were completely different. I did make friends, and I enjoyed some of their company. But the school was horrid... I couldn't stand it!

Our next move was 6 months later. We were moving to a new country. Heck, we were moving to a whole new continent. I didn't know anyone there. My dad did, and so did my mom. It was fine for them... me? Not so much.

The school there seemed nice. The students were kinda kind. I made one friend. She seemed nice. But I heard the whispers behind my back. The snickers floated and the hostility was there. I was different from them. I looked different. I didn't belong...

The adults were kind. But I needed someone my age. The girl I called friend, the only friend, was the one mocking me. The truth hit me hard. I didn't like her anymore, but I still endured her. But then I spoke to her friends; the ones whom I never spoke to. They didn't like her either. They started being nice to me at the end of the year. I thought I was staying there. I really liked the place. But I had to move; and so I did, without ever saying goodbye.

A new country, a new city. But this city looked familiar – it was similar to my first country. I felt at ease when I looked around, it reminded me of where I spent the first six years of my life. My house was shabby. I had no television for two months and no cable for six months after that. But I didn't really mind.

I got enrolled in a new school. It wasn't bad, but the teachers were horrid. But I made friends; and not malicious ones. They were all nice, but I never met them outside of school. Lucky for me, one girl lived close to me and I enjoyed her friendship. But the year was coming to an end. We were getting kicked out of the house. The owner wanted a new tenant. We had to move to a house on the opposite side of the city; and that meant changing my school too. But at least we were in the same city...

I wanted to keep in touch, but obviously we lost contact. Our friendship wasn't that strong, just like all the other friends I made...

The new school was nice. Well, it was just another new school. I made friends, again. They all knew each other, and I was just an addition. But I liked them. But I didn't get too attached. I kept my distance but still made some friends. The first year was coming to an end; where was the news? I was expecting another move, but it never came. And the next year... I enrolled in the same school!

I met the same people and there were a few newbies. For once, I wasn't the newbie. And like that, I grew closer and closer with my friends. We hung out outside of school and I started to confide in them. I still didn't throw out the possibility that we might shift again. But as the year came to an end, and I was enrolled in the same school again, I couldn't help but be happy! I kept the same friends and I finally thought I was going to settle down. But the first term was coming to an end...

And my mom wanted me to move. She wanted a better school for me, and I couldn't say no. So I moved and my brother along with me, but to different schools. I kept in touch with my old friends, so it was slightly better. But my first year was horrible. I'm not saying the others weren't nice; they were all amazing people and I made quite a few friends... But apparently I never smiled.

I don't know, I guess it was hard to force a smile on my lips. No, I wasn't in depression if that's your question. I was perfectly normal at home, but I couldn't bond with my new friends. I was always left out and all I ever did was sit and watch them have their fun.

The next year was slightly better; I started making friends. And I started to enjoy myself. I called one friend to my house for the first time and that was when she first heard me laugh. She was shocked and soon, she became my best friend.

After that first outburst of emotion, I started enjoying myself more at school. I wasn't forced to smile but I still rarely spoke in class. I still shut off people but I was able to make proper friends. And that brings me to the present.

It's amazing how much your childhood can affect your actions. Friends and family have a great impact on your life and if you have a best friend who you are able to confide in and freely talk to, you're lucky. But you learn to make new friends and just because you lose one doesn't mean you can't make another.

 Enjoy life; you only live once :D