Chapter 19

A/N:
This is the last update I'm planning on doing this weekend. However, if I'm feeling really good, I might update a fourth time! And depending on the weather, possibly a 5th tomorrow!!!

(America's POV)
I groaned slightly as I woke up. Everything in my body ached. My bones, my muscles, everything. I was in so much pain. How long have the rebels had me? It felt like forever but I know that's not the case. I wonder if Maxon is even looking for me or if he just gave up. Honestly, the Selection could be done already and I wouldn't know because my sense of timing is so off. I never get to watch the TV so I don't know anything. All I know is that the pain just gets worse everyday. I tentatively bring my hand up to my jaw. When I touch it, I want to scream. It hurts so bad and it's definitely swollen. I know it's broken, but I want to know when it's going to heal. The guy who broke it never bothered to try to heal it or brace it or do whatever hospitals do with broken jaws. When did he break it? I think, That could've been months ago for all I know. The guy who broke my jaw comes in with a camera again.
"Guessssss whattttt?" He asks like a little 5-year old. I grunt in response. I can't let this guy see that he's breaking me. (Literally) I have to stay strong for Maxon. I don't care if the Selection is over or not; I still love him.
"It's time for the pain!" Normally I would've complained but today I kept my face neutral. I had to stay strong. He places the camera on the stand to the TV so it's facing me. Today, however, is different from the other days he's tortured me. He starts off a lot differently.
"Since you guys already know the routine, I'm just going to cut to the point. Give us the diary or she dies." Normally he goes on and on about pain and how it'll just get worse. So, I'm going to put my own spin on things today, too.
"NO!" I yelled,
"Don't give them the diary!" The guy looks at me murderously and violently grabs my arm. He starts to twist it around as he says,
"Don't you ever resist us again. Do you understand?" At the end of his sentence he jerks my arm in a weird direction and again, I hear a loud snap. However, I still keep my neutral expression.
"I don't care what you do to me. Illéa doesn't need idiots like you!" That's when the guy does something really unexpected. He brings out his knife and slowly digs into my gut. I grip the chair, hard, and close my eyes. I see my life flash before me. There's May and I, playing outside and laughing together. There's my first debut with the piano. Then the violin. Then singing. I see my family, laughing and happy together. The secret meetings with Aspen. The Selection. Falling for Maxon. Laughing along with Marlee. The--

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Sorry this was a shorter chapter. I'm definitely going to update later. I just want the next chapter to be in Maxon's POV, so that's why this chapter is a little shorter.