Something More? (Chapter Two)

Chapter Two:

Ally stared.

Frankly, all Ally could do was stare at this point.

Austin was just one of those people that once you looked at him, you couldn’t look away.

It wasn’t just because of how cute he was, it was also his personality. He was just so happy. It was like he spread his happiness just by looking about him.

So, Ally stared. Admiring his bleach blond California hair, and his perfect smile, wishing he was her’s.

She though back to the first time she had laid her eyes on him, the day he stole her song, and played drums with corn dogs. At that moment she never imagined that she would end up friends with him, let alone in love with him!

These days, she couldn’t even remember what life without Austin was like.

“Ally,” Austin said, drawing her out of her thoughts.

“Huh? What?” she asked.

“I asked if you wanted to go to see a movie tonight?”

“As a date?” She wondered out loud.

“As friends,” Austin stated,

Of course. Going on a date with Austin was too good to be true.

Truthfully, Ally wasn’t one for dating.

She just always got so flustered around a guy she liked. She always acted like an idiot. Guys didn’t exactly find idiots attractive.

“oh, yeah, sure,” she replied.

Going on a date with as friends was better than not going on a date at all, so obvious she agreed.

“We could invite Trish and Dez?” he offered.

“Oh, uh, Trish is working,” Ally said making up an excuse.  Trish was not working, she had been fired earlier this day, but what Austin didn’t know wouldn’t hurt him. But then again, if Dez went with him, Ally would end up being the third wheel.

“Well, Dez probably won’t want to come, if Trish doesn’t come.” Austin said.

Ally couldn’t help but think that was a lie. Of course Dez would want to come if Trish didn’t come, but she didn’t bother correcting Austin, because, even though she liked Dez, she didn’t exactly want him coming along on there “as friends date”.

“Yeah,” Ally said awkwardly.

“Eight o’clock show okay?”

“Perfect,” she smiled.

Maybe, things would work out this time.

But Ally doubted that.

She highly doubted that.

When seven forty came around, Ally was waiting outside of Sonic Boom for Austin. She was dressed in her new floral skirt and green blouse.

“Hey Ally,” Austin called, with a big smile on his face as he approached her.

“Oh. Hey Austin.” She said, as the two of them started walking in the direction of the movie theater.

“You look nice tonight,” Austin complimented her.

Friends compliment friends all the time, right? It was no big deal.

Except, for Ally, it kind of was a big deal.

But what did he mean by, you look nice tonight. Was he implying that she looked bad at other times?

Whatever. Either way it was a compliment.

“Thanks,” she stuttered out, “You look nice too,” she returned.

They ended up watching a romance.

Before the movie started, a girl from school approached Ally, “Hey Ally! What are you doing here?”

“Uh, about to watch a movie,” she said. Was there another reason why people came to the movie theater?

“Oh, cool, and who’s this? Your boyfriend?”

“He’s not my boyfriend,” Ally said at the same time Austin said, “I’m not her boyfriend,”

“Cool,” the girl said, twirling a strand of brown hair around her figure and looking up at Austin with a flirtatious look in her eyes.

“Well, the movies about to start, so we better find seats!” Ally said, and sat as far as possibly possible from her.

The movie went by fast as most time spent with Austin usually was.

When they stepped out of the movie, the sky was a dark color and glittery stars scattered it, and the California air was warm, as it usually was.

“I’ll walk you home,” Austin offered.

“Awesome,” she replied. Did she sound to egger?

The walk was short and filled with mindless chatter about the movie; what they liked, and what they didn’t like.

“I had a great time tonight,” Austin said as him and Ally stood under Ally’s porch. The porch light was above them, causing their silhouettes to appear on the side of Ally’s house.

“Me too,” Ally replied.

There was her opportunity.

The perfect opportunity to kiss Austin and end the evening on a romantic note.

But no.

What if he rejected her? What if he didn’t want to kiss her?

“Well, I better go then,” Austin replied.

“Yeah, I’ll see you tomorrow?” Ally said in a questioning tone.

Austin smiled, “Yup, See you tomorrow,” he said and walked into the darkness, leaving Ally alone on the porch.

She didn’t kiss Austin tonight, but that didn’t mean she wouldn’t have her chance.

Everyone would have their happy ending, including Austin and Ally.

An: wow, sorry I didn’t write for 3 months and that its rather short! Haha, blame it on One Direction Infection. 

It kinda sounds like the end, but there will be more!

Dedicated to scissorlove143 for being an awesome reader!