Chapter 18

Picture of Bonnie up top!

Ace's P.O.V

"Anything for you Princess," I say, giving her a smirk, though every word is true.

I lean down and kiss her, sliding one of my hands from her waist up to cup the back of her head, while the other pulled her closer.

I have never felt like this with any other girl before. My heart was thundering in my chest as I claimed her mouth, enjoying how she gave in fully to the kiss. I loved the feeling of her lips on mine, her body so close to mine.

I wanted to stay in this moment forever.

But we both need to breathe...sadly

I slowly pull away, pulling at her bottom lip before smiling down at her. Her face is flushed, her lips red and swollen, but her beautiful blue eyes have a new glow to them. She's happy, I realize.

I make her happy, or at least I did in that one moment.

I want to make her happy. I want to be the person she opens up for, the one she kisses. I want to be the one she spends her free time with.

The thought should scare me. I've only known her for a few days, but those few days feel like forever. I think she's the one for me. I don't want to let this chance go.

"Princess?"

"Hmm?"

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

Bonnie's P.O.V

I stare at him in shock. He just asked me to be his girlfriend! I have never had a boyfriend before, never been with anyone. I don't know how to be in a relationship.

I want to say yes, but...

Will he just leave me after a few days, weeks? How long will we last? By saying yes, I would be giving him a loaded gun pointed at my heart and trusting him not to shoot. I don't know if I can do it.

"What are you thinking in that pretty little head of your?" Ace whispers, kissing the top of my head, sending the butterflies in my stomach into action.

I stare into his blue eyes, trying to decipherer his reasoning. What did he want from me? Did he actually like me for me or something else?

"Princess, I'm not going to leave you. I want to be with you," he assures me as if reading my thoughts as he pecks my lips.

Maybe I was voicing my thoughts aloud, that would be embarrassing.

"Trust me."

Could I do that? Could I trust Ace after only a few days of knowing him? He's done nothing but help me and take care of me.

"Yes," I breathe. "Yes, I'll be your girlfriend," I finish with a whisper.

His smile widens before he wants again claims my mouth with his, scooping me up into his arms and spinning me around. I pull away and let out a squeal through a fit of laughter. A few people glare at us for the noise we are making, but Ace and I are in our own little bubble and nothing can pop it.

"Ace," a calm, feminine voice says.

I lied. Something, or rather someone, can pop our bubble. Ace sent me down gently beside me, pulling me into his side as we stared at none other than Elizabeth King.

"What are you doing acting so childish?" she scolds. "Has this...thing taken all of your common sense and manners," she hisses, sending me the deadliest glare.

"No mother, she has actually given me my common sense back," Ace fires back, gripping me tighter.

I wrap my arm around his waist and give him a gentle squeeze, reassuring him that I'm okay. Her words don't affect me. I have heard much, much worse.

"That's foolish. Who even is this girl? Where did you find her?" Elizabeth snaps.

"my name is Bonnie Marcin, we already established that, and I'm pretty sure out love life is private so back off," I growl, finally snapping.

She looks at me n shock, before looking up at Ace's amused face. His blue eyes were gleaming with happiness and pride.

"Are you going to let her talk to me like that?"

"You did that to yourself, mother," he shrugs, tightening his hold on me.

She opens her mouth to say something, probably curse at me, but Marcus interrupts her, again.

"Leave them alone Elizabeth," he orders, giving her a hard glare.

She lets out a huff, before flicking her long brown hair over her shoulder and sauntering off. Marcus glares at her back and I can see an emotion very close to hatred in his eyes. I guess their marriage was a loveless one, just like Kayden's.

"I'm sorry about her, again. She...she's just awful," Marcus sighs, running a hand over his face.

"It's alright dad. Bonnie can handle anyone, right Princess. She is a much better fighter than me," Ace chuckles.

I smile at how he openly admits that my skills are better than him, not worrying about his pride or ego with his father. It was a nice bond to have with your father.

"Really?" he asks, raising an eyebrow at us.

"Yep, she's a self-defense trainer and beat the shit out of me," Ace says pulling me in front of him and placing his arms around my stomach, while he leans his chin on my shoulder.

"Is that where you guys met?"

"No," I laugh. "We met at my other job. He just fell instantly in love with me after he saw me, and got some information on me from my boss and learned that I worked at a gym as a trainer, the creep. So he became one of my trainees and well, I can easily kick his ass," I chuckle, squeezing Ace's hands on my stomach.

"Oh god, son. You stalked her," Marcus laughs, causing me to join in, while Ace glared at me from my shoulder.

"No...I just...yeah, okay fine. I was a little bit of a stalker,' Ace admits, his cheeks turning pink.

"You are never going to live that one down," Marcus laughs again. "Keep him in check Bonnie. Take care, you two," Marcus says before walking off.

As soon as he's gone, I'm spun around to face Ace's mischievous face.

"Ace..." I warn, not liking the smile he was giving me.

"I'm sorry Princess, but you told my dad about me stalking you and then elaborated on how you beat me. You really hurt my man pride," he says with a smirk.

I bite my lip to keep from smiling as I attempt to back out of his arms, but he was much stronger than me, and I was caged in.

"So Princess, ready to repay me?" he says, before leaning down and claiming my lips once more, while lifting me up.

I have boyfriend! Ace is my boyfriend! I am kissing my boyfriend! All of these thoughts ran through my head as I cupped his face in my hands and deepened the kiss.

This is perfect. This is the happiest I have been in a very, very long time.

But how long will it last before life throws me a curveball to screw everything up?