2. I'm Not Ready

Niall walked out of the doctor's office, all the color drained from his face as he went over what his doctor had told him.

He thought they had been careful, he was on the pill, they used a condom. But then again, there was always the one per cent chance, and well - Niall's just one lucky Irish lad.

Niall doesn't even know how he made it out of that office and into Fin's car, but somehow he managed. "You alright, baby? You look a but pale." Fin commented as he pulled out of the parking lot, sunglasses perched up high on the bridge of his nose.

"I'm pregnant." The car jolted to a stop, Fin's eyes wide as he turned to look at Niall. "What?" Fin spat, watching as Niall nervously fumbled with his fingers.

"You heard me, Fin." Niall mumbled softly, his eyes trained on a couple walking across the street. "You told me you were on the pill!" Fin yelled, his voice causing the couple to turn.

Niall scoffed, turning to Fin. "I am! What? You think I'd lie about it! It's not my fault - you know i didn't choose to get pregnant." Niall shot back, his voice equally as loud.

Fin huffed, banging his fist against the wheel. "Are you keeping it." Fin questioned sternly after a few minutes of silence, moving the car as he waited for a response from Niall.

Niall bit his lip, eyebrows furrowed. "I don't know." Fin sighed, running a hand over his face as he parks outside of their apartment complex.

"I'm not ready to be a dad."

--

"Harry! Hurry up or I'll leave without a goodbye!" Anne shouted as she made herself a mug of coffee, smiling slightly when her son replies. "You wouldn't dare!"

Harry rushed out minutes later, hair wet and only dressed in a shirt and briefs. Anne raised an eyebrow, placing her mug into the sink.

"I'll miss you, mother." Harry smiled, wrapping his mother into a tight embrace. Anne chuckled, kissing the top of Harry's head.

"You sure about this?" Harry mumbled into her shoulder, stepping back slightly to look his mother in the eyes. Anne smiles gently, placing her hands on his shoulder.

"Yes, dear, i am sure. And I'm very grateful you were willing to move back in. We'll see how far this job takes me, and maybe in the future they will allow me to move to an office closer by, but for now, i will be moving into Robin's apartment." Harry smiled, rolling his eyes slightly.

"You better come visit, or ill rent out your room to a pair of prostitutes." Anne scoffed, swatting her son on the back of his head before chuckling lightly, and picking up her bag.

Anne turns around one more time, smiling softly. "I love you."

Harry smiles brightly, shooing his mother into her car. "I love you too - now go. Say hi to Robin, text me when you get there, promise to call at least once a month - oh, and kick ass." Harry tells his mother quickly, tapping the hood of her car as she drives away.

He walks into his house, the whole thing quiet and he contemplates getting a dog, till his phone rings and he's reminded of who put that idea into his head.

Harry grabs his phone, rolling his eyes as he checks the ID before planting himself on his couch.

"Zayn, what can i do for you?"

"Paaaarrrtttttyyyyy, I can come over and help you hide all the expensive shi-"

"Zayn. No." Harry grunted, throwing his head back.

"Whhhyyyy nnnoootttttt."

"Because you never help clean up, and quite frankly i don't feel like partying. My mother just left for god knows how long and I'm all alone, no one to nag for a sandwich - i'm going to die, mate. Die." Harry sighed, walking into his room.