Hitting a nerve

Roc; I want to know more about you.

Renae: Well, what do you want to know?

---------------

Roc; Why are you still with him?

Renae: because of Aubrey. She needs to know who her father is.

Roc; He aint shxt. you want her to grow up witnessing him abuse you? What is she going to learn from him? she is going to think thats how a man is suppose to treat her.

Renae; I agree but i still don't want her to grow up without a father. i still think he can change he can get better. I mean he isn't that bad.

Roc; Really?! Take off your hoodie Renae.

Renae; no

Roc; please

She hated her scars. and she really didn't want anyone else seeing them. But she took the hoodie off anyway.

(Roc gets up and punches the wall.)

Renae; Roc please calm down.

Roc; Calm Down!? Look at yourself and tell me if you can stay calm after seeing something like this.

She gets up and look in the mirror. She touches around the big dark circles on her forearms , the bruises the scars. Its painful to even look at, ( she runs and grabs her hoodie and puts it back on and lays in the bed crying.)

(He lays in the bed and holds her. He kisses her forehead.)

Roc; It's ok, he won't hurt you anymore. (Tears slowly slide down his face)

They both fall asleep.

Next morning

Roc's alarm clock goes off at 6 am and he gets out of bed and gets in the shower. He comes out 15 minutes later wearing a black collard shirt, cargo shorts, and black jordans with his dog tag around his neck..

He walks up to Renae and tells her to get in the shower. She goes to aubreys room and grabs her luggage and takes It in the bathroom and gets in the shower. 15 minutes later, she comes out the bathroom wearing some grey jogging pants, a Cali raised crewneck and some jordans and her hair curly.

Roc; What the heck do you have on?!

Rena; clothes?

Roc; it's damn near 80 degrees outside and you got that on. put something else on before you die of a heat stroke.

renae; I can't Xavier threw out all my summer clothes.

roc goes to another room in the house and comes back five minutes later with different girl clothes in his hand. He hands the clothes to renae.

roc; here, put those on.

renae; who's clothes are these? (She says as she put the clothes on)

Roc; my moms

renae; oh

when she was done she looked at herself in the mirror. She had on a boy London muscle shirt, black high waist shorts and some grey and black true flight jordans. Then roc handed her a black snapback.

Roc: put that on

she slides it on her head and adjust the strap to the right size, then she looked in the mirror again.

renae;no I cant wear this i'm showing too much x would kill me.

roc; your not with x anymore you're with me.

renae; ok, but what am I going to do about Aubrey?

roc; oh yeah I told my maid, Sarah to keep an eye on her and make sure she gets fed.

renae; thanks

roc; you ready?

renae; yeah

they leave the room. renae goes in aubreys room and say goodbye and kiss her forehead

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

renaes pov.

I can't believe i'm wearing this. X would kill me if he seen me in this. But i'm glad i'm with roc now, but he won't always be around. I need to start acting like a mature woman and toughen up. this crybaby shxt aint gon' cut it no more.

We pull up to the school and he opened my door for me and helped me out. He wrapped his arm around my shoulder as we walked in the building. I felt the thirsty boys eyes burn a whole into me. I seen the thotties looking jealous and mean mugging me.

I seen my friends standing by my locker.

"i'll see you later" i said before walking away. He pulled my arm. 'wait" he said while spinning me around and pulling me into a hug and kissing me. It wasn't just a regular kiss, it was a passionate kiss. it made me feel complete. X never kissed me liked that before. "have a great day. i'll see you in a few hours" he said as he walked away.

..................................................................................................

I will be free writing from here on out since I do not know where my notebook with the rest of the story is so please bare with me.

...................................................................................................

I walk to my locker to grab my stuff for my first hour class when I hear an oh too familiar voice approaching me.

brb