7) Cold Hard Truth

"Jareth, what the hell were you doing in the sewers?" Sarah hissed as she turned the television off. Jareth sat silently, leaning back on the couch.

"I would say it is none of your business, but...it is, to be honest." He grumbled. "I am here for you."

"Excuse me?" Sarah seethed.

"After you bested me, I was cursed. Cursed to spend the rest of my life in this miserable form, all until my successor accepts their fate," Jareth paused and turned to Sarah. "or makes a compromising deal."

"So now you're here to...do what with me, exactly?"

"Either you become Goblin Queen, or make a deal with me. Either way, you live with me. There is no way out of this now that I am here. I may not have my powers, but I sure as hell can get my way." Jareth stood, his height towering over Sarah, who still sat.

"You can't do this!" She yelled as she stood, shorter than Jareth by nearly a foot.

"I can, and I will." He growled. "You did this to me. Had I known the consequences of losing to you, I would've gone all-out on you and won in a heartbeat. But here I am; stuck in this horrid form, unable to show my face outside my own kingdom. I haven't been to any royal events in a decade, and I know for a fact that the other rulers must think I am dead."

"Jareth I-"

"For fucks sake," Jareth snapped, grasping Sarah's forearm. "I've got a reputation to keep. Wiseman!" He commanded, and in a cloud of black dust the two were no longer in Sarah's home. Jareth had the Wiseman bring them back to the Goblin Kingdom.

///

Short, I know. But I felt I needed to get a chapter out sooner or later. I'm still alive, but just barely. But here, have this chapter while I report for duty to kill myself.

 But here, have this chapter while I report for duty to kill myself