Chapter 11: Date Night Number One

"I really don't like this Ginny.  I don't like this one bit!  I don't even know what to do on dates!"  Hermione said beginning to freak out as today was the scheduled day she would be starting going out on separate dates with the men.  "Hermione.  Relax.  You're just nervous.  And it hasn't been that long.  You did used to date my brother after all.  And remember the dance our fourth year?"  Hermione scowls at her pacing back and forth.  "Are you sure it's not too late to cancel?"  "Yes, it's too late.  If you leave the show would be over."  Hermione rolled her eyes.  "So you can take my place.  Seeing as you seem to love the show so much."  Ginny let out a small sigh.  "You're going to be fine Hermione.  And I will help you get ready."  She grinned standing up and pulling Hermione over to her suitcase to skim through her dresses.

"I think you should wear this one.  It looks really pretty on you."  Ginny said pulling out the pink dress Hermione had worn at the Yule ball.  Hermione shook her head.  "That one is way too fancy for just a date.  How about this one?"  She asks pulling out a sparkley black dress that went just below the knees for length.  Ginny smiled.  "Yes!  That would be perfect!"  She clapped her hands excitedly and found some silver shoes to match.  "With wearing these shoes!  And I can get your makeup done!"  Hermione looked at Ginny cautiously.  "And you're not going to go too over the top?"  She asked.  Ginny gasped.  "Pssht.  Me!  Go over the top?  Never.."  Hermione bit her lip.  "Alright let's just get this over with."

Hermione finished putting her dress on then found a silvery necklace to match it then approached over to Ginny to let her know she was ready to get her makeup done.  "I'm just nervous.  I have no clue who they're sending to me first."  She muttered.  Ginny nodded.  "I am sure it's not going to be that bad."  "What if it's Ron?  Or Harry!  I don't think I'd be able to follow through with it.  I was hoping I wouldn't have to see Ron again.  And Harry.  Well.  You two used to date.  And he's my best friend.  I don't see him that way."  Ginny bit her lip a moment.  "Harry and I haven't dated for a year.."  Ginny said.  Hermione sighed.  "I know... But still..."  Ginny grew quiet as she continued finishing putting on Hermione's makeup.  Stepping back after a while.  She smiled glancing at Hermione.  "There.  You look beautiful."  Hermione bit her lip nervously before standing up to look at herself in the mirror.  Looking a bit surprised to see that Ginny kept to her word about overdoing it on the makeup.  She smiled a little.  "Thank you Ginny.  I guess I better get going."  Ginny smirked giving Hermione a nudge.  "Knock them dead."  Hermione rolled her eyes again before grabbing a jacket and her purse and exiting out of the room to make her way towards the location.

When Hermione arrived in the lobby, she noticed it was less crowded than usual.  Miranda explained that the others were sent to their room for a free night while Hermione and her date were together.  So they would have time alone with no interruptions.  Hermione nodded feeling nervous and curious who was going to come around the corner. 

She let out a small sigh seeing it was Dean Marshall.  She didn't exactly see them as moving forward as anything more.  But unfortunately she was going to have to go through with the date anyways.  She gave him a small smile when he had stepped into the lobby and approach her.  "Miss Granger."  He said extending his arm for her to take.  Hermione slowly accepted his arm and the two of them began to walk out and headed into the limo.  She glanced over at Dean once they were settled in.  "Do you know where we are going?"  She asked.  Feeling even a little less nervous.  Dean smirked to keep from laughing.  "Well, you actually get to choose where you want to go."  Hermione looked a bit surprised.  She was new at this whole thing and had never watched the show herself.   So she didn't know all of their rules.  "Oh..  Right."  She said pretending like she had to take a few minutes to remember.  "Hmm.  Let's see.."  She said.  After a while, Hermione remembered a restaurant she saw on the internet that looked good when she and Ginny were looking up different places to check out and gave the limo driver the address.

"That is an interesting choice."  Dean said as soon as he knew where they were going.  Hermione shrugged.  "It just sort of popped into my head.  My friend and I the other day were looking for sites to tour while we were waiting and I sort of remembered I guess."

When the limo pulled up to the curb, Dean stepped out first extending his hand to help Hermione out of the vehicle.  She extends her hand placing it in his.  "Thank you."  She stands up and waits for him to close the door before they make their way into the restaurant.

"So..  You're from London?"  Dean asked once the two of them were set down at the table.  Hermione smiled.  "Well.  Yeah.  I've only been there for the past couple months or so.  But yeah my new place of residence is London."  Dean looks at her a bit curiously before nodding in acceptance.  "I see."  Hermione made a small glance around before turning her attention to Dean.  "And what about you?"  She asked trying to keep the conversation going.  "Me? Oh.  I'm actually from Queen's New York."

After the two of them had finished the meal, the two of them headed back out to the limo.  Hermione sighed a bit glad to be heading back to the hotel.  But when she heard Dean give the driver a different address, she quickly turned her head around curiously at Dean.  "I thought we was supposed to be making our way back to the location."  Dean laughed a little.  "It's only eight thirty Hermione.  We have till eleven.  Isn't there anything that you like to do for fun?"  Hermione gave him a scowl forgetting a moment they were being filmed.  "Yeah.  I.  Like to read."  She said trying to redeem herself.  "Read?  Like what?"  Hermione bit her lip.  She couldn't say spell books.  She needed to think up something quick.  Maybe a series that was popular from the mortal world.  "I'm reading Vampire Diaries right now.  But most the time I like reading books about magic or magical places like Neverland in Peter Pan."  Dean looks a bit surprised a moment.  "Really?  Interesting.  I wouldn't of thought that.."  He smiled.  Hermione grinned a bit.  "And what about you?"  She asked as the limo turned down the street towards one of the small dance club sites.  "Wel.  I've mainly spent most of my time with sports.  But outside of that I enjoy a bit of the musical aspect side of things."

When the limo once again pulled to a stop, Dean got out of the car with Hermione following after him.  "What is this place?"  She asked glancing at him.  "It's just a small pub I came across earlier.  I thought it would be fun for us to go to.  And I saw that there was a small band playing that might be good."  Hermione bit her lip.  Great.  Dancing.  She thought.  As Dean made his way inside, he wrapped his hand around Hermione's to help guide her through the crowd and so he wouldn't lose her.  "What can I get you for to drink?"  He asked slightly turning his head to look at her.  "Just water will be fine."  She muttered.  "You don't get out much do you."  Dean challenged.  Hermione watched him closely.  "Of course I do.  I've gone out quite a few times."  She gave him a small glare.

Dean ordered himself a beer and handed Hermione her water.  "Thank you."  She said taking the glass from him.  He motioned for her to follow him so they could sit down and visit.

"How about a dance?"  Dean asked standing up once they had finished their drinks.  Hermione took a deep breath before nodding.  "Alright."  He stood up extending a hand to Hermione.  She gave a small smile starting to loosen up a little as she took his hand and stood up to follow him to the dance floor.

After a while, Dean glanced at the clock.  "It looks like we should be getting back."  Hermione nodded.  Suddenly feeling a bit on the disappointed side.  She was finally starting to have some fun.  And the night was helping her forget more about seeing Ron back again.  And of the fact that he had broken it off with her.  Also not to mention, she almost forgot why she was here.  For the purpose of the show.  "Yes I suppose we better."

She followed him outside to the limo and the two of them got in.  Once they were situated, the limo driver took off heading back to the film set.  Once they were back in the lobby, they had been given the go ahead from Miranda to call it a night.  Dean turned back to Hermione with a smile.  "I had a great time tonight."  Hermione smiled in return.  "So did I."  More fun then I thought I would.  She thought to herself.  "Goodnight Hermione."  Dean said gently placing his hand on her arm.  "Goodnight Dean."  She watched him round the corner to head upstairs to his room before returning to her own room. 

"Oh my gosh Hermione!  This is amazing!  How are you ever going to choose!"  Ginny said in an excited tone.  Hermione rolled her eyes.  "Ginny..."  She muttered.  But she manages to sneak a smile hiding it from Ginny.  Perhaps.  Just maybe perhaps..  This wasn't going to be as bad as she thought.