The Beginning

(Prologue)

Okay, so I guess I should start with the famous phrase...

Once upon a time, there lived a king and queen who ruled a mighty kingdom. They were loved by the people, respected and honored. But there is one problem, they are lonely. They don't have a child. So, they sought after a fairy for help. The fairy was kind enough to bestow to them a blessing: a baby daughter. The king and queen were so happy! They rejoiced and partied a month before the baby princess was born. 

And when this blessing was born, they named her: Sabia, which is Irish for " The Sweet One."

The princess grew up to be everything the king and queen expected: sweet, kind, beautiful and smart. She would brighten the day with just a smile, and serenade the world with just her laugh. Everyone loved her. 

But during her 16th birthday, someone unexpected came in the castle. She was a bad witch. She cursed the princess and said that when her 18th year came, she will eat a poisoned apple and fall into a deep and troubled sleep and would never wake up again. Then, she vanished.

The king and queen were so terrified, that they locked their daughter in a high tower, and cut down all the apple trees and burned all the apples they could get their hands on.

Now, as time passed, the princess grew more beautiful everyday. Suitors came to ask for her hand in marriage, but she declined every single one. She is already 17 and it is only months before she turns 18, and everyone dreaded this age. For she might fall into the curse, and might never wake again...