Chapter 15: Supernatural Bloodlines

Hi everyone, here's the new chapter. I just wanted to thank everyone for their support and reads. Please keep coming on the votes, comments and reads. Thank you very much!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Serena's POV:

It was dark outside, the skies were a heavy blanket of blackness. There were no stars out tonight. I lay in my bed, reluctant to go to sleep. I listened to the soft hums of Koozoo on the floor and tried to doze off. Just as my eyelids were drooping down I heard a loud slap in the bathroom. It sounded like a lot of water suspended in air had just fallen to the ground.

Koozoo's little head snapped up and he scrambled up onto the bed. I groaned and rolled out of the springy mattress. I had already experienced enough weird things here at the middle of the night to know that this was probably not anything normal. Many things were running through my head such as was this a prank and if not then who was in my room?

 I pulled a cardigan over my night gown and walked slowly to the source of the sound. The first thing I noticed was the heat, it was steaming in here. All I could see was steam, everything was a blur. Then a hand reach out and touched me on the shoulder. A shock went through me. I couldn't see the intruder but I still barred my fangs out in defence.

"Who stands there?"

The steam began to clear and then a face took shape. I had never seen this person before but I found him really attractive. He had turquoise hair and dark handsome eyes. His body was covered in bright blue vines of light. Then, as if by a magnetic force, I found myself walking closer to him. My hand reached out with a mind of its own and touched his cheek.

Jolts of energy went through me creating warm and fuzzy sensations in my body. There was no emotion swelling within me, it was just the need to touch the person in front of me. And even though I didn't have my wolf with me anymore, I knew what my body was trying to tell me:

Mate.

 The boy in front of me exerted much power and I found myself straightening up where I stood. I searched the boy's eyes and I found pride. He inspected me with a satisfied look on his face.

"Mate," I repeated out loud.

"Yes, your mate."

My mind went blank for a second and all I could think of was the hopelessness I had felt when Dre  rejected me.

 "Who are you?"

There was so much love in his voice when he answered but a terrible darkness too.

"I am Edmund Shadow. I serve the Mer King as his strongest warrior and general."

"But you're a merman and I'm a vampire. How are we mates?"

Edmund took a short break before replying.