Part 22

(Unedited) So sorry for the long wait.  Let me know what you think about this chapter.  Enjoy.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Angelic remained in the intensive care unit for one week before she was moved to a regular hospital room. She was very excited for this change for she had not yet held nor physically seen her precious little boy.  . However she was supplied daily videos and photos of him from both Trey and her aunt.

Situated in her new room she nervously awaited the anticipated reunion with Trey, Jr. When the nurse finally arrived and put T.J. in her arms, a downpour of tears soaked her face. She embraced his tiny body carefully as she gazed down and admired his handsome features.

“Oh my god I can't believe you're finally here my beautiful son,” she said as she beamed with a bright smile. Her hands slid across his fingers and toes as she was so mesmerized by her little bundle of joy. Angelic looked up as her room door opened and in entered Angel.

“You're up and I see my grand-nephew is happy to be in the arms of his mama,” Angel said.

Angelic nodded and turned her attention back to the baby. All the while she held him close as she repeatedly kissed the top of his head. Angel took a seat and she and Angelic chatted and talked about how gorgeous he was and who he looked liked for hours.  The center of conversation halted when Trey walked through the door.

“Hello you two,” he said.

“Hi Trey,” Angelic replied with a smile. “I've been getting acquainted with our son and he's just so precious.”

“Just like his mother,” he replied.

Over the last couple of days there had been no negativity between Angel and Trey. He was honest with Angel and told her everything that had transpired between him and Angelic. Of course she wasn't happy and had it not been for him this whole incident would never have happened.

Nonetheless, she was not going to dwell on what ifs and decided to concentrate on the matter at hand, and that was her niece and grand-nephew and their well being. Everything else was not a factor and that's exactly how she felt in regards to Trey. She knew that her niece wanted to speak with him and she thought it best that she give her privacy to do so.

“I think I'm going to run down to the main floor. Starbucks is still open and I'm dying for a cup of caffeine,” Angel said as she stood and nodded her head at Trey as she walked past.

“Oh, well I'm sure Trey would not mind running down for you Aunt Angel.”

“No that's ok sweetheart. I've been sitting way to long and need to stretch my legs anyway. I will be back soon. Can I get you anything?”

“No thanks I'm good.” Angel nodded and smiled at niece and then walked out the room.

Trey stood at the edge of the bed for a moment as he watched his family. He was a lucky man and this was such a grand sight. He grabbed the chair that Angel sat in and pulled it over to Angelic's bed. Angelic held the baby up for him to take; she could sense that he wanted to hold his son.

She lay there and watched how careful Trey was with the baby. She could see how the love poured from him. She always knew he would be a great dad.

“Dr. Nicholas said that I'm doing extremely well. I should be able to go home by the end of the week.”

“That's wonderful new, Ange! I can't wait to get you two home; I've already made a list of the necessities that I need to get before your arrival so you don't have to worry about a thing,” he said with much excitement displayed in his voice.