Part 3

Chapter 4

Exhausted and tired, Angelic snuggled into her husband’s arms and the two fell asleep. About forty minutes later Trey woke to the sound of his ringing cell phone. The phone was still in the pants pocket that he had thrown into the bathroom. As Angelic was still sound asleep, he tried not to disturb her as he gently slid out of her grasp.  He propped her back onto the lounger and covered her with a nearby throw. He then walked into the bathroom to redress so he would not wake her. Before leaving the room, Trey gently gave Angelic a kiss on her forehead and then quietly left to go downstairs to his office.

Once seated at his desk he checked the caller ID to dial back the number. The call went through and after three rings it was finally answered.

“Hi, it’s me. I’m sorry I didn’t get a chance to call you earlier but I’ve had a lot going on today,” said Trey.

Rubbing his forehead, “Yes I know, I planned on being there for a few hours but as I said I’ve had a lot going on.”

“No, that’s not possible, it’s already going on 3:15 p.m. and there’s no way I could get there and be back home in time, I just can’t do it.”

Getting up from his desk he walked over to the window, phone still in hand. “Look I’m sorry but this the first time that I’ve had to cancel on you. Please just bear with me, I promise that I will make this up.”

“Ok…yes…yes…I’ll make sure you get it on Monday, bye.”

Trey seemed a bit uneasy after the conversation but hearing the sound of the church bells ringing alerted him that it was 3:30 p.m. Any thoughts he might have still had from his phone conversation disappeared; he had things to take care of. He grabbed his car keys off the desk and left the house. He was back within 45 minutes and seconds after his arrival Angelic sauntered into the dinning-room.

“Trey, why didn’t you wake me?” she asked, as she walked towards the elegantly set table for four.

“You were dead tired and besides, you need the rest. I didn’t want you to worry about dinner so I ran out and picked up a few things from that Italian restaurant you love so much,” he said, as he placed the last of the food onto a serving dish that was lavishly displayed on the buffet.

He setthe empty container down and turned to Angelic. “Do you honestly think I could bear leaving you for the office after everything that has happened today?” he stated, as he leaned down and softly kissed Angelic.

As she staredinto Trey’s eyes, “No, I guess not. Everything looks wonderful! Thank you for doing that.” she softly answered, as she lovingly hugged him.

At that very moment Trey’s parents walked into the room. “Wow, look at this feast! Angelic my dear, you have outdone yourself,” said Terri.

Still embraced with Trey, Angelic answered, “Thanks Mom, but I can’t take the credit. You owe it all to your son.”

“Well, I must say that I’m quite impressed. Maybe some of this will rub off onto your Dad,” Terri said, as she smiled at Frank.

“Sweets, the only thing that’s going to rub off on me is you,” Frank said, as he kissed Terri on the cheek and ushered her over to the buffet.

Angelic and Trey followed right behind them and then took their seats at the dinner table. “How was your nap? I hope you slept well,” said Trey.

Frank smiled and looked over at Terri, “Just fine son, just fine,” he coyly said. As the words exited his mouth, Terri’s red blushed face confirmed his parents’ “afternoon rendezvous.”