Chapter 1

Author's Note---

So. I'm obseesed with the Avengers.

Lets just, get it out there....

I may not be getting some stuff correct, since about 90% of my knowledge about the Avengers comes from the movie, and not the comics, some stuff may be inaccurate or whatever, but hey.

This is a fan fiction, and I already went through the whole disclaimer business, blah blah blah.

Now, onto the exciting stuff!! Or atleast, find it exciting anyway....

Okay, whatever, just enjoy the story!!

Fury was in the conference room, Agents Barton and Romanoff already seated and waiting for the others. 

Barton and Romanoff were engaged in an intense conversation when Agent Hill opened the door, and, with a confident swagger no one could beat, Tony Stark walked in the room.

"So." He said, smacking his hands together and rubbing them in anticipation.

"We getting the group back together?"

"I sure hope so," A new voice piped up.

"We caused all sorts of trouble last time." Tony moved away from the door to let a blond haired man with a brown leather jacket and tight black pants walk in.

Natasha and Clint stood to great their newly arrived friends.

"So, been drunk since the last time I saw you?" Natasha questioned Stark. Stark winked. "But of course."

"Stark, Rogers, come have a seat. Banner will be down shortly."

"What about our Asgardian friend?" Tony asked as he took a seat down beside Agent Romanoff.

She rolled her eyes at him, but gave him a warm smile none the less.

"He's working things out with his father, but he said he'd come some time soon."

Just then the door opened, and Bruce Banner walked in. "Hey! We're getting the group back together!" He said. 

Fury gestured for him to sit. "Alright, so since most of you are here-"

"My Misgardian friends! How have you been!" The door banged open, creating a small dent in the wall where the doorknob had hit it. In walked the God of Thunder. 

"Good to see you Thor." Clint said. 

Fury gestured impatiently towards a seat. "Let me continue."

"As I was going to say, I've assembled you all here because the Earth needs you once more."

 Fury threw a thick cream colored Manilla folder on the table.

"These pictures were taken in Columbus, Ohio."

Steve opened the folder, and the pictures inside made his heart lurch.

Several pictures of a familiar, black haired man with pale skin and dark, soulless black eyes.

Loki Laufeyson.

Clint struggles to keep his emotions in check, and fresh waves of horror and fear wash over them all.

One of Clint's hands go right to his chest, where Loki pressed the tip of his scepter two years prior.

Clint had never shaken the dreams and nightmares after that.

Natasha noticed, and put a hand on his shoulder reassuringly. He seemed to relax a bit, but fear still held on to him with iron like grip.

But Clint was no special case. Everyone on that Flying Fortress was struck with a shard of fear at the name of Loki Laufeyson.

All, except, for one.

Fury cleared his throat, trying to push away the fresh wave of terror that had come over him once more.

"This time, he seems to have employed some strange company. Those two beside him turn out to be mutants with powers of their own."

In one of the pictures, a pale girl with almost white hair and icy blue eyes stood on Loki's left, while a brown haired man with unsettling green eyes stood on the right side of the God of Mischeif and Lies.

"So," Fury continued. "As a counter to that, I have found a possible new recruit to the Avengers."

This caught the attention of the members of the Avengers Initiative. Fury pressed a finger to his comm device. "Bring the recruit in."

Steve cleared his throat, politely drawing the attention of Director Fury back to him. 

"So, this new recruit. What's he like?"

"He?" They all turned to the strong, confident voice coming from the back of the room.

A slim, fit figure stood in the doorway, dressed in a chocolate brown leather jacket and dark navy blue pants, with a white tank top inside.

The long, straight brown hair was swept over one shoulder, with warm green eyes with flecks of gold randomly scattered across the bright green pupils.

But the figure was far from a 'he'.

Fury cleared his throat and pointed to the young woman standing in the doorway.

"May I present, Ms. Freya Taschereau."