2

"Could you stop pacing your giving me a headache!" I ask Sam, who has been pacing for the last 30 minutes. It's understandable to an extent. If it were my king I would have lost if.
"Would you like me to fan you too, princess?"
He glares at me and sits down. Sinking his head in his hands. I roll my eyes. Feeling bored of the room, I walk out of the small cabin space and sit on the deck. I let my feet dangle off the side of the boat.

"Hey." I spin around to see Matthias.
"Hi."
"They really don't like you, do they?"
"It's just Abby and Sam, Devin is pretty nice." I sigh. I look at him and his light blue eyes. I smile. Suddenly, the boat hits a bump and I fly off the side. My ankle catches a rope hanging off the side and I swing hitting my head. My ears ring and the world spins. I blink a few times trying to stay awake.
"Katie!" Matthias yells, that being the last thing I heard before the world goes black.

The world slowly comes back. I'm in the cabin. I sit up and swing my legs over the bed.
"Ow." I say and chuckle a bit.
"How soon till Samtonia?"
"30 minutes." Devin states.
"How do you feel?" Matthias asks.
"Like I was ran over by a horse." I laugh a bit. "Well as good as I can feel after having your head smashed."
I try to stand up but fall, Matthias catches me and chuckles.

"Falling for him already?" Abby says with a smirk.
"Abby, could you shut up for once in your life?" Matthias says with a smart tone.
"Let's hit you over the head and see how dizzy you get!" I start to go for her but Matthias and Devin hold my arms.
"We are here." The captain yells.
We all look at each other and run off the boat. We all sprint to the castle.

We get in the castle and find the king. We explain, barely finishing before assassins flood the room, and the fight begins. I attack one flipping him over my shoulder and stabbing him, I turn around and jump on one, rolling and punching him out.  Another one punches me downs I spring back up and stab him.

I notice a bow aimed at the king. I aim.
"No!" And before I know it. He's dead but he shot. I look over and see a intact king. Maybe he missed. I see the group all huddled. I walk over quickly and Matthias is laying on the ground with an arrow in his stomach.

"Oh my god!" I sit by his head. He looks dazed.
"Sam go find a doctor!" He nods and runs off.
"He jumped in front of the king!" Devin says. The king slowly walks over.

"I thank you all. And I will make sure this young man recovers. He saved my life."
I begin to choke back tears. Matthias was the only one who stood up for me and wasn't a complete jerk. The doctors take him quickly into a room, they wouldn't let us go in. I left the castle. The king gave us all our own guest house to stay in until we set off. I sat on my makeshift bed.

I laid there. Worried. What if he didn't make it out? What if he dies. What if..
"Kate?" I hear a knock at my door. It's Devin.
"H-hey, what's up?" I open the door.
"They said his surgery is done but they won't let anyone in but you."
"Why me?"
"He said before passing out that he wants you in there after he's done."
I nearly sprinted to the small hospital.

I knock and the surgeon questions me before letting me in. I drag a chair beside him. The doctor mumbled some medical terms but mainly said he will recover nicely. I nod. He leaves me to sit with him.

For the first time this trip. I slept terribly. I laid my head beside him on the bed while sitting in the chair. Slowly falling asleep. Only to be awoken shortly by a slight movement. The doctor entered and I moved to the couch so he could check on him. I fall asleep.

I open my eyes and look over to Matthias. Who seems to be waking up. I stand up and go closer slightly.
"Ow." He mumbles and puts a small smile on his face. And mine.
"So you did show up." He says trying to sit up. But fails terribly.
"The doctor said you should be able to walk tomorrow, it wasn't a deep wound. Thank god" I mumble the last part under my breath.

We sit there and chat for a bit after a doctor came in and confirmed that he will be fine.
"By the way, what even happened?" I ask pointing to his stomach.
"Well, I seen the dude aim for the king and I jumped in front."
"Why?" I say with a hint of hurt but hiding it pretty.
"As a guard it's our duty, I guess." He shrugs. "We should get some rest."
I nod and grab my blanket and lay on the couch.
"Sleep well Katie."
Well I didn't. He fell asleep quickly.

"Katie!" He yells for me. But I don't move. I can't move. Tears flow down my face.
"Kate!" Another voice is heard. Devin's.
"Katie.." He cries again.
Matthias.

I wake up in a wave of confusion.