7. OUT OF ORBIT

THE WORLD SEEMED SO SMALL IN
Astronomy. I normally had at least two enemies in each class. But this class, this one was all friends.

I smiled to myself.

"Hi, Celeste!" Kayla waved at me, removing her bag and sitting next to me.

"Hi!" I smiled and waved back.

The astronomy room was mostly empty, the only exception being Mr. Thomas in the planetarium with Kanani.

"So," Kayla began. "How are you? Do you like this school yet?"

I had to think about that question. I liked astronomy. Of course, I didn't have any friends in any of my other classes, so.

"I... love this school!" I forced through my teeth. I think I was convincing enough, because Kayla smiled.

"Good!" She said, but her voice broke a bit when she looked over my shoulder, and her cheeks began glowing red.

"What is it?" I asked her. I turned around, and knew exactly who she was looking at. I knew as soon as he walked in.

My brother.

Fin sat next to Kayla, and as soon as he was in the chair, Kayla's mouth ran a hundered meters a second.

Fin didn't seem to mind, though.

I left those two to their conversation, and began to look at the questions from yesterday.

A nudge on my arm startled me, and I looked up to see the deep terqoise eyes staring back at me.

"Is anyone sitting here?" Mason asked, motioning to the desk on my right.

That's when I noticed everyone else was here.

"Um, no," I replied, still staring at his eyes.

He smiled, and sat in the desk.

The door to the planetarium opened, and Kanani marched out. She stopped when she saw me, and scowled, blowing another bubble with her gum.

I just shook it off.

Mr. Thomas came through the door next.

"Hello, class. Today we're going to discuss what the solar system would be like if one planet were to dissapear, or go off orbit," Mr. Thomas began. "If any planet were to fall out of orbit, it would collapse into the sun, or some will collide with Mercury, spreading many astroids that will collide most with Venus and Earth. Changing the layout of our solar system."

Mr. Thomas gazed at each of us gravely.

"That is why all planets must co-exist in peace. The solar system is very fragile. One tap, and life as we know it," -He snapped his fingers- "gone. So, please, childeren, don't fall out of orbit. The other planets depend on it."

His face changed immediately, and he changed the subject.

"Now," Mr. Thomas continued. "The Sun is the center of the solar system. It has every planet orbiting around it counter clockwise..."

My mind began to wander far beyond Mr. Thomas's lecture. And before I knew it, he was dismissing us for the day.

"Don't forget to be studying the planets!" He called at us as we shuffled out the door.

"Hey, Celeste!" Mason said as he suddenly appeared by my side.

"Hi-" I began, but was quickly cut off by screaming from down the hall.

"CELESTE!!!" Kayla screamed from behind me.

I turned my head to look over my sholder, to see her waving at me from the other end of the hall, a goofy grin spread across her face.

I waved back at her, and smiled.

Kayla made a heart- shape at me with her fingers, and made silly faces from the end of the hall.

Mason chucked to himself.

"She's really something," he said.

"Yea, she is," I agreed, and stuck my tounge out at her as she continued to jump around.

That was when I realized Kayla was quickly becoming one of my only friends, weather I liked it or not.

And something about that thought made me smile.