Are You Ready For Ramadam?

As salaamu alaykum wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh.

There's around four months before the arrival of Ramadaan Insha'Allah.

Maybe a week before it's arrival you might start to give the house a real good clean and start cooking food but it's important to prepare YOURSELF for Ramadaan much in advance insha'Allah; the companions (radiAllahu ta'aala anhum) used to prepare six months in advance! Take the example of someone preparing to run a marathon, they start preparation months in advance getting into shape in order to give their best efforts in the marathon and the rewards reaped are much greater (insha'Allah) than if they decided to put effort and train only a week or two in advance. Similarly, you need to train yourself and set yourself goals beforehand to achieve in order to make the most of the blessed month. Set yourself goals that you want to achieve bi'ithnillah ta'ala! Increase in siyaam, qiyaam, strive to improve your character and control your tongue, praying salat ul ishraaq, actively focus on increasing your khushu' in salaah etc and also if you still have some missed fasts to keep try and keep them asap insha'Allah! May Allah SWT keep us firm and allow us to attain His pleasure.

Allahumma barik lana fi Rajab wa Sha'ban wa ballighna Ramadaan.