Chapter 4

I was woken up by the lady from yesterday knocking on my door. I groaned and got out of bed. After stumbling sleepily across the room, I threw open the door and glared at her. 

"Well good morning Ash! My name is Flavia. I forgot to mention that yesterday. But anyway, today is a big day! The games are starting soon!" Games? What games? I nodded and stumbled back to the sheets. 

"Tael, Rysk, Revyn and Tali will be here soon! You better be awake!" I groaned and ignored her, falling back asleep. My eyelids were fluttering shut when Revyn bounded in to my room. 

"Its games day!!!!" She sang. Tali and Rysk walked in, grinning from ear to ear. I still had no idea what they meant by "games" but they seemed like they were good now since Revyn, Tali and Rysk were so excited for them. I forced myself up of the floor and walked over to them. They put my hair in a ponytail and put a bit of blush on my pale cheeks. Tael came in with a pair of black pants, a red shirt and a black hoodie that was made of the same material as the pants. He helped me into the outfit and then brought in a pair of leather boots. I tied them on and waited patiently for any last minute details. He pulled something out of his pocket: gloves. I slipped them on and realised they had no fingers. He kissed my cheek and smiled. 

"Good luck, Ash." and with that he walked out. The soldiers came in and led me to a room with all the other kids. The lights dimmed and a movie appeared on a screen I hadn't noticed before. 

"Ladies and gentleman, welcome to.. UNWANTED!" A voice said. The screen showed kids like me killing each other. Hand-to-hand combat. Bows and arrows. Throwing knives. I shuddered at the sight. Too much blood. With those scenes as the background, the voice continued. 

"For 24 years, we have been sending twenty unwanted or orphaned kids into arenas to fight to the death. The champion is loved by all. There are two rules. One, there are no alliances. Two, only one can win." I thought for a second. I hate this idea, no allies and one winner? I can work around that. How about we all form an alliance, rebel and destroy it all? I thought over my plan and found someone I thought I could trust. I believe her name was Reyn. I struggled for a moment to find my voice and when I did it was raspy and hard to hear. 

"Hey." I whispered. She whirled around, eyes wide with fear. "It's okay. I'm not gonna hurt you. I have a proposal." She looked at me skeptically as though she was hesitant to trust me. "We need to bond all the tributes. With luck, we can rebel and stop this with little or no deaths among our group." She nodded and held up her finger to her lips. Then she slipped through the crowd to the soldiers at the door. She knocked one out and took his gun. With a single movement, she shot them both. Many of the orphans turned around and stared at her. She shot the lights out and they all screamed as the glass rained down on them. One final shot took out the projector.  

"Listen up everyone! We are not going to fight! No one will try to hurt someone else or they'll be knocked out and left behind. Now, we have about 2 minutes to plan. Once we get in the arena, we will al grab weapons, run together and find a way out. Then, we burn down the Capitol. We will make them pay for the deaths of the 456 innocent children they murdered and they will pay for turning 24 kids just like us into assassins. They will regret ever starting these games. We are strong. We are powerful. We have a reason to fight and we won't back down! Are you with me?" A cheer rose up from the others. Soldiers burst in the door then. Reyn was shot with a tranquilliser dart and I watched, helpless, as she was pulled out of the room. They'd probably punish her and it was all my fault. I felt something sharp hit my arm and I realised I was hit by a dart too. Before I passed out, I saw the others were either on the ground, collapsing, or just being hit. This was going to be harder than I thought.

A/N: ch 5 should be up soon! Working on 6. 

Vote, Comment, Fan! 

<3 Sierra