"A Fresh Start with a New Heart"

Part 7:

                The next morning no one said a word to one another. Rose sat in the kitchen and drank her morning coffee, like always while Kendall was getting MyKayla's lunch ready for her. MyKayla had gotten Rose a job at the school she worked at as the school counselor. Today was her first day so she pushed back her feelings about the day before and went to go get ready.

"I'm gonna shower." Rose said as she walked past MyKayla's room and saw her on her bed.

"Hey you okay?" She asked

"Oh yeah Rose I'm totally awesome." MyKayla rolled her eyes

                Rose walked over to MyKayla sat next to her and hugged her. She wanted to cry she never wanted to make her friend feel this way.

"Im sorry." Rose added

                She was really sorry she never wanted Carlos to leave she never thought he would. MyKayla got off the bed and started to gather her things, then walked out of the room. Rose just wanted to break down and cry her best friend in the whole world couldn't even look at her. And to top all that off Kendall was just as upset. She just pushed the thoughts away so she could just get ready for work. When she was finally ready she went into the kitchen and stood next to Kendall.

"I'm sorry." She said as she kissed his cheek

                He rolled his eyes with a smile and handed the lunch he had kindly made for her. He tightly pulled her to his chest and kissed the top of her head.

"I love you Kendall."

"I love you to."

"You don't hate me?" she looked up at him.

"No Rose but you do have to fix this."

"I will Kendall I promise but I have to get going."

  "Okay have a good first day at work."

                She grabbed her phone, lunch, and all the paper work she knew she needed and went out to her car. She drove to the school nervous as ever, she was shaking and could hardly breathe. She prepared herself for a long day and went inside. She made her way to her new office and began a day full of paper work, she knew it was going to be an endless day. Until lunch time, she walked over to MyKayla's classroom...

"MyKayla can I eat with you?" she asked meekly

"I guess..." she answered

                She slowly walked in and sat at one of the empty desks next to a very handsome young man whom she had never seen before.

"Rose this is Logan. Logan this is Rose." MyKayla introduced them 

"Nice to meet you I've heard a lot about you." Logan said as he held his hand out to her and she took it lightly and shook it.

"Nice to meet you too, but wish I could say the same."

                MyKayla ate her lunch without another word; she didn't even look up from her desk. Logan felt really weird and out of place, he thought he should help MyKayla with the whole Carlos thing. Then he started to think, he and MyKayla had been working together for years, and her best friend didn't even know who he was. Why was he in hiding?

                Logan teaches 11th grade English, he was about to have a class so he cleaned up his mess and made his way to his classroom. Logan was really too lazy to teach anything today so he just let his class work on their essays. All he could really think about was Rose and MyKayla... Logan has had feeling for MyKayla forever but Rose might have just changed his mind. He made up his mind he would go after school and talk to her.

                The final bell rang and he hurried over to her new office. He stood in front of her door so he could find the courage to open it. Once he did he bravely walked inside. Once he got inside his stomach filled with butterflies.

"Hey Rose am I bothering you?" he asked

"Oh hey Logan, and no not all just trying to finish up this paperwork."

"Rose...I wanted to ask you something?"

"Sure what's up?" she replied not even looking up from her work.

"I think I kind of...like...you..."

"Logan I'm very flattered but I have a boyfriend."

                She felt really bad, Logan was really nice but her and Kendall had been together for a while and she wasn't going to give that up on someone she had just met.  Poor Logan was embarrassed and felt so stupid for even trying. He said without even looking at her...

"I'm sorry that I wasted your time. I have to go."

                He walked out and was pissed off because her couldn't have Rose or MyKayla. He had liked MyKayla forever but she always had Carlos and now even though she was damaged she still didn't want him...