Sleep

EDITED!!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One thing you should know about me is that I value sleep. A lot. I've been thrown into a new world, kidnapped by Goblins, attacked by wargs, nearly attacked by spiders, starved, been battered around and just overall have been tired to the point of exhaustion. So, as I blurred in and out of reality the only thing I could think off was, go the fricken hell away! Seriously, give a girl a second ( or a few days...) to sleep it off. Mmmmm... Sleep....

So, I may have laid in the comforting darkness a bit more than I should of, but damnit! I just can't take it at the moment. Stupid Middle Earth, it sounds all great in theory you know, but plot twist, everyones a freakin idiot! Grrr!! Darkness.....

Its weird, knowing your asleep, almost being awake at the same time, but being so detached from your body. Every now and then I would hear a voice, it was sad. I didn't want to go back to the sadness. I wanted to stay here. So I sink back under.....

I wonder how the dwarves are. I'm doing it all wrong. I have to save them. I have to save the Dwarves. Thorin. Fili. Kili. I have to save them. I don't want them to die. No. I have to wake up. 5 more seconds...

I wonder if the Elves will hate me. I'm not an elf. I'm not a child. Ill just bring them pain. I should just leave.....

If you lie in the ice long enough you'll start to feel warm. I feel so warm.....

I want to go home....

I want to go....

Darkness....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The wind howled through the trees as if nature itself could sense something was terribly wrong. King Thranduil leaned back into his throne. So much was not right. It was not as it should be. It had only been less than three months ago since he had awoken to the greatest miracle he could not have even dreamed of. His daughter - his precious Gwaineth - had returned. Like the morning mist she apreared out of the night. When she was found, sleeping soflty against a tree just inside the walls of the Kingdom (by a rather shocked elf), he could barely believe his eyes. He still could barely go an hour without running to her side to reaffirm her existance.

She appeared so unlike this new child. She was safe and calm with a knowledge that brought her peace. It has been her who had explained to him the gift of the Valor. How they had saved her Fea *soul* as she died with her mother so many years past. How she was too young to pass on safely to Valinor and so how she was kept within the body of a human in another world until the mortal flesh could no longer bear the load of two Fea. Another world. He could still not quite wrap his head around the knowledge. It seemed so strange. So different.

When it was his precious child's time to return home, the Valor fashioned her a new body and held her in the Halls of Mandos until she was ready, mentally and spiritually, to return. It was them that had explained her past to her and sent her safely to him. It was them who also sent the others, the lost elflings with similar pasts, to their own respective homes and families. Lord Celeborn's and Lady Galariel's daughter Mellessil. Lord Elrond's and Lady Celebrain's daughter, Anneth. Lord Círdan's and Lady Hithaerel's daughter, Calaeril. Yet, one elfling did not arrive safely. It was Lady Galadriel that had seen Anneth, Lord Elrond's youngest daughter displaced by dark magic causing her to be lost in the wildes and away from the safety of her kin.

Search parties had been dispatched across the land and yet she remained hidden and lost. Only the elves kept word of her existance and the existance of the other tiny elflings. For, until she was safe, it could not be risked that word spread to any evil of the world that might harm her. Yet here she was, harmed and broken. Fading in the once great halls of the Elfking. It pained Thranduil beyond words to see any child so young and pure suffer so. From what he could undserstand from the dwarves before their escape was that she, unlike his own child, could not remember her time with the Valor and so had no understanding of her position. How lost and alone she must have felt.

Closing his eyes, he focused on the present. A messanger had been dispatched to Lord Elrond and his gaurds and warriors had made quick work of creating large contraptions hopefully powerful enough to shoot and kill a dragon. He would not allow the dwarves to bring fire upon his people nor his children. And so the woods near Laketown has been guarded and readied for attack. His best healers have been set to helping the lost elfling. And his army was prepared. He had asked his daughter of any knowledge she might have regarding the upcoming battle, however, unlike her broken friend she had no knowledge of this world's future.

It was difficult for him to understand how his world, Arda and the places surrounding it, were a simple story where his child had been sent. Futhermore, how his child and the other lost elflings had found and befriended eachother in the strange world they came from. It made his head spin, yet he did not have time for such confusions. He had a people and his children and a young, broken elfing to keep safe.

-----

AN: Sorry its short. Another chap should be out in a day or two.