Reason Seven

We all have that one friend who brings out the best in us; someone who turns us into a different person when they're around. A more fun, outgoing version of ourselves.

Reason seven: Brendon brings out the best of me.

Anyone who sees me with him could tell you that. I become one of the biggest goofballs you'll ever see, I'm more outgoing than what I am without him around. I honestly think Brendon does this to everyone. Like I've said before, he lights up an entire room when he walks into it.

I couldn't tell you how many people have told me I'm different around him. Not in a "oh my God I have the biggest crush on this man I can't act like myself" different; in a "I can truly be myself and him not judge me" different.

I looked over at Brendon as we stepped into the coliseum we would be playing at tonight, "The last one to find the stage has to buy the winner frozen yogurt." I state. Brendon thought it over for a second before nodding and opening his mouth the reply, only for me to instantly start running, causing him to yell after me, "Liv! Cheating helps you none!"

I laughed and turned a corner, hearing Brendon right behind me. I looked around before quickly taking a left, continuing to run through the coliseum. I saw a sign leading to the seats, causing me to shrug and run towards them, only for Brendon to pass me, "Hey! Bren, not fair!" I yelled after him, picking up speed.

I heard him laugh loudly before he turn and ran through a curtain acting as the door. I followed him, "Brendon Boyd Urie!" I shouted, following him down the steps in the middle of the seats, "I found this first!"

"Technically, you didn't." he chuckled, stopping beside the stage, "I did."

"I led you to the right place, though."

"But you didn't get here first."

I huffed and shoved him lightly, "You cheated."

"Says the person who ran off before I could even agree to this." he laughed.

I narrowed my eyes, "You nodded." I pointed out, crossing my arms.

He copied my stance and tilted his head, "You owe me frozen yogurt. I saw a place on our drive in."

I rolled my eyes and stepped up onto the stage, "Tonight after the show?"

"Sounds good to me." he smiled, following me.

"There you two are." Dan said, walking up the other side of the stage, "We were looking for you."

"The child here wanted to make a bet." Brendon told him, chuckling slightly, "She, of course, lost."

"Yeah- wait. 'Of course'? The hell is that suppose to mean?"

"When have you ever won a bet against me?" Brendon asked, a smile on his face.

I furrowed my brows and looked out at the seats, thinking it over, "..Your point being?"

"You'll never learn, Liv." Dan laughed, before turning towards Brendon, "They need you in the dressing room."

Brendon nodded in response before looking at me and dancing off the stage.

I laughed quietly and walked over to the box that held our microphones, opening it and looking for mine

I laughed quietly and walked over to the box that held our microphones, opening it and looking for mine. "You're different around him." Dan stated as he messed with a guitar, "Not a bad different, just..different."

I looked over my shoulder at him, "Am I? I haven't noticed." I shrugged, closing the box once I found the correct microphone.

"You're all quiet and not as smiley now."

"I'm just winded from racing him," I state, making my way over to the stands, putting my microphone in the correct stand before moving the one Brendon would be using.

Dan hummed in response, Brendon showing back up with Dallon a few minutes later. I looked over at them and smiled brightly, "Welcome, Dallon. Welcome back, Brendon." They waved, laughing quietly, "Is this a good place, Bren?" I asked, still fixing the stand. He walked over to me and fixed it to his height, nodding, "Thanks, Liv." he said with a smile.

I smiled and him, turning around and catching Dan's eye. He raised an eyebrow at me, causing me to instantly drop my smile and narrow my eyes at him, "I'm gonna go rest before I start getting ready. See you guys before the show." I told them as I made my way over to the stairs.

Dan, ever since you pointed that out, I couldn't help but notice it whenever Brendon was around, which was a majority of the time. After that, Dan would give me these knowing looks. I guess he filled Dallon in on what he noticed, because Dallon started doing the same.

"Alright, both of you," I said to Dallon and Dan as Brendon stepped off the bus, "You guys need to stop looking at me like that."

"Like what?" Dallon asked innocently, propping his feet up on the table.

"Like.. like you know something that I don't even know." I frowned, throwing my arms up.

"You like Brendon." Dan stated, "You know that."

I blinked and turned towards him, "I'm sorry, what?"

"You like Brendon. You know that, I know that, Dallon knows that."

"Does Brendon?" I asked quietly, knowing he was close to both of them.

They shook their heads, "No."

"Do you know if-"

"He doesn't talk about that with us." Dallon stated, "So, no. We don't know if he likes you back. We can find out if you want us to, though."

"No, it's okay." I shook my head, crossing my arms, "It's best if he doesn't know about my feelings. Or I know about his." I sighed, plopping down beside Dallon, "So! Where are we heading next?"

I didn't mean to make it obvious about my feelings. If Brendon ever noticed, he never said anything. That may be for the best, honestly.

Six more reasons. I'm getting a little nervous, guys.

-*-

chapter song: i was made for loving you - tori kelly ft. ed sheeran