Afraid To Love. *6*

Afraid To Love. 6.

While sitting around at home, watching a movie with Allison I had suddenly realized that I still had the address and time from that Michael guy. I pulled the slip of paper from my back pocket and stood up, walking towards the kitchen. After my car was brutally attacked by Samantha and her pink spray can Jared had taken me to his home in his car where we sat around and watched my favorite movie, The Titanic, with the lights off and popcorn in our laps. I looked on the kitchen wall where the clock told me that it was already 10:05. I bit my lip and stared at the clock before deciding that I wanted to go see what this address and time was about. I went back to the living room where Allison was sprawled on the couch and jacked her keys, knowing I would be back before she got up. I grabbed my jacket on the way out of the loft just in case it got cold in the dark alley.

*

It was 10:15 when I got to the address written on the paper. I would have been here much later but I have this thing where I don’t go the speed limit; I think of it more like a suggestion to go that fast, rather than a law. I parked Allison’s car in front on The Queen’s Jewelry Store and took the key from ignition before stepping out into the dark. I was walking towards the alley when I heard a shout coming from it. I walked a few feet so that I could see what was going on but when I saw what was happening, my heart almost stopped beating. I could clearly make out four silhouettes; two on the ground and two standing up. The thing that almost caused my heart to stop was one of the guys on the ground was Jared and the two guys standing were trying to beat him half to death with their feet.

“Stop!” I screamed, receiving the attention of the two guys standing up.

They chuckled. “Well, what do we have here?” one of the guys asked and starting approaching me. Jared sprung from the ground and grabbed the guy who was advancing on me. He punched the guy square in the face, but not enough to get the guy down. The other guy who was on the ground stood up and dashed over to me. I screamed as he picked me up from the ground and brought me to Allison’s car. He shoved me into the back seat and got in the passenger side. Jared came running out of the alley and slid across the hood before opening the driver’s door and getting in. He turned around to face me.

“Keys.” He said coldly. I handed him the car keys slowly. He snatched them from my hand and before I knew it, we weren’t anywhere near The Queen’s Jewelry Store. Jared was driving faster than I ever had which in return was scaring the crap out of me.

“Stop.” I said, trying to get his attention. He ignored me and kept driving. His friend, who was probably Michael, turned on the music to drown me out. I reached forward and shut it off. “Stop the car.” I said but he kept driving. “Stop the fucking car!” I shouted. He slammed on the brakes causing me to slam my head on the back of the passenger seat. “What is going on?” I asked in a quiet voice.

Jared slammed his hand on the steering wheel and turned to me. “Shut up.” He said forcefully. “You have no idea how much danger you just put yourself in! Are you honestly that stupid? Why would you go into an alley this late at night? Those guys will most likely kill you and then me and Michael because your idiotic self-showed up –“

The Michael guy finally decided to speak up and do something. “Chill.” He told Jared. “Come on, you don’t even know her so don’t –“

“She’s my girlfriend!” Jared exploded.

The car was pretty silent after that. We all sat there looking at each other. I shook my head, realizing that Jared has secrets; terrible secrets. I would have never known about anything that just happened or anything about those men if I hadn’t shown up tonight. Not only that, I couldn’t put myself in danger because of whatever Jared did in his past to make those guys want to kill him. “Ex.” I whispered but loud enough for both Jared and Michael to hear. Their eyes focused on me but I focused on Jared.