2. Misunderstanding?

That's just the way of the world
It never ends till the end, then you start again.

~ Sabrina Carpenter

It's funny how when people know how you feel, they ask, "Are you okay?" and when you say they don't know what to say afterward. Well.... That's for most people. I lied there bored out of my mind. I was warm and calm, and too lackadaisical to get up. I had things planned for today. I really didn't want to do anything.

Me, feeling hopeful to get on the Xbox, finally rolled out of bed, and hopped in the shower, and not thinking very much of it. I only questioned what I might wear. I had to be "fancy" today for church traditions.

I then finished, played the game, let my siblings did their own thing, then did my hair. Well... My siblings De'Ja, Byanka, and Niko had gone to Saturday school, and my sisters Jesci and Symara stayed home, for the most part.

Jesci had to leave because their school needed an older person with them. I stayed home and played Borderlands. As always, Symara slept in.

Eventually, all of us were awake and home, so an hour past noon, I and Symara had gone to an event for religion and training.

There was a lot of talk about tithing and I had already read the papers on what was supposed to happen there. There was nothing new. 'Twas very boring, to the point where I almost fell asleep. But, it was okay. I had gotten pizza afterward.

Soon after, we were dropped off back at our house. It's interesting to really think about how I and Symara go different ways in our own house – like we're in the same yet different worlds.

We came home to find Niko watching television, and everyone else doing their own thing, so I decided to talk to a friend of mine – Karreem. I had this odd idea to talk about the topic of gender because I was thinking about it.

I said, "People make a big deal about 'gender' and how a person is defined as 'Male' or 'Female,' when all this refers to whether or not you have 'XX' as the 23rd pair of chromosomes or 'XY'. They are simply words to describe your genetic material – something that is almost impossible to change, transgender or not. You can change genitals, but not DNA."

I said this, using simple denotation, not all the connotations that society adds to it.

Karreem just told me to shut up because he was bored and too lazy to think about it.

I then started to joke around and say Sabrina Carpenter is my bae and I sent a picture of this collage that I made.

Karreem said, "No," expecting me to question him.

I asked, "But whyyyy??"

All he did was shrug nonchalantly. The conversation had ended.

There were others I could have joined, but I had a group of friends talking about depression and suicide, so I left. Those aren't my best subjects...

I came back later on – of course – and talked about maturity. It was an average conversation that ended like any other. With all of this, nothing really went wrong today. Pretty chill the day was. Tomorrow with fortunately prevail as an amazing day.