Chapter Four

Tessa's POV

While the others were down in the water, I  was sprawled out on towels with Zayn. Zayn and I watched as Harry picked up Emma and then dropped her into the water. Chuckling, Zayn turned to me, his warm, beautiful brown eyes pooring into mine. 

"I think Harry fancies Emma," he told me, and I raised my eyebrows. 

"Really?" I asked him, and he nodded. I pushed a strand of my long, brown hair behind my ear. "Why do you think that?" 

"Just by the way he looks at her," Zayn explained. "I mean, Harry's a flirt, but the way he looks at Emma.. it's almost admirable."

I nodded slowly. "Huh."

"And, when you guys aren't around, Harry talks about her," Zayn told me. My eyes widened. They boys talk about us? I bit my lip, and then cleared my throat.

"What does he say about her?" I asked.

"A lot of stuff. I know we met you guys yesterday, but Harry talks about Emma like he knows her whole life story," Zayn shook his head, a small laugh escaping his lips. "I've said stuff about you and Emma too, you know. We all have. Everyone has their opinions." 

Now, I was getting curious. "Are they good opinions?" 

"Yes Tessa," He said with a smile. 

I grinned. "What did you say about me?" I smirked. 

"Well, that you're beautiful for instance," He told me, his face completely serious. My face instantly became hot, and Zayn must have noticed, since he chuckled.

"And Emma?" 

Zayn shrugged. "I said she was nice. She doesn't speak alot though," he said.

"Yeah, you have to let her warm up to you for her to talk to you more," I told him. It is true. Emma isn't a very lively girl around people she doesn't know well. But when you get to know her, she's a ball of energy, always talking and laughing. "What does Harry say about us?" 

He smirked. "That, my friend, I may not speak of."

I pouted my lower lip. "Please Zayn?" I sat up, and scooted towards him. My legs were crossed, and then I gave him the best puppy eyes I could. He shook his head no. "and Why not?!" I questioned him.

"Because I would need Harry's permission, first of all. And second, you would go off running to Emma telling her." He caught me there. I would definitely do that. But I mean, I can't exactly keep what he said a secret from Emma. We tell eachother basically everything. 

"Fine then, be like that," I retorted, then let out an exaggerated sigh. He just smirked.

"But I'm pretty sure He'll ask her out soon. He's a cheeky, romantic type of guy." We both turned back to the group in the water. Emma seemed to be having a good time, laughing and smiling, a little more than usual. She must have been getting used to them. Right now she, was Louis' shoulders. Harry, for some reason, was on Liams, and it looked like they were pushing eachother. Confused, I turned to Zayn.

"What do you think they're doing?" I asked him.

"They're playing chicken."

"Who do you think's going to win?"

"Emma, Definitely," he responded. 

"What? No way! Harry's stronger though, and so is Liam." 

"Yeah, but, you can obviously tell Harry will let Emma win," Zayn told me as if it was the most obvious thing ever. 

"You want to make a bet?" I asked, and nodded. "Alright, so the loser has to treat the winner to.. Ice cream!"

Zayn laughed. "Ice cream?" 

"Yeah. Because I really want some Ice cream right now," I told him, and he grinned. Then, we both turned back to the water, paying attention to the game. I started frowning when I realized that it was pretty clear that Harry wasn't trying hard at all. After another minute or so, Harry and liam flew backwards, and Zayn turned to me, smirking.

"HA." 

"You know what? Shut up." I said smacking his bare chest, giggling. He smiled at me.

~*~

Emma's POV

After a few hours at the beach, we finally decided to go back to the house. When we got into the house, all the boys eagerly raced upstairs, running towards the bathrooms for showers. Tessa and I looked at eachother giggling, at the boys childish ways. Tessa and I on the other hand, took our times walking upstairs and into our room. When we got in there, I fell onto my bed, exhausted.

"Is it okay if I take a shower first? It's just Zayn and I have to get down to the boardwalk, since I owe him ice cream," Tessa asked. Confused, I Nodded.

"But why do you owe him ice cream?"

"Long story," She said sighing. I chuckled, and then Tessa dissapeared into the bathroom in our room. When Tessa finished her shower and getting dressed, her and Zayn left the house, walking down to the boardwalk. We all decided we would meet down there later tonight, when everyone else was ready. I quickly jumped into the shower, and got dressed into a pair of abercrombie shorts and a black tank top with a "Cool Story Bro" crop top tee over the tank. I didn't do much to my hair, deciding to let it dry naturally, into it's normal dark brown waves. I skipped downstairs, and saw my Mom and Mrs. Tomlinson on the couch. Liam and Louis' were sitting in the Recliner, and I figured Harry and Niall were still upstairs getting ready. I sat down next to my mom on the couch, and told her the plans about going to the boardwalk. the adults agreed, but said we had to be home before 11 and blahblahblah. When Harry and Niall walked down, showered and dress, the 5 of us left the beach house, and made our way to the boardwalk.