.1

A long time ago, there were those with superhuman strength and longevity, who used their powers to protect humanity from catastrophes. They chose to live in the shadows in quiet and solitude. Worshipped by humans, they were sometimes know as nobles, some times as rulers, and sometimes as gods.

But little is known of the strongest among them, who protected the other nobles. These guardians of the nobles...he was called the "Noblesse."

Today marks the 820th year he has been asleep. While every aching moment I have been in this world, wondering my purpose and why the thought of him would ever cross my mind.

"Seraphina, please tell me a brief synopsis on the history of Seoul, Korea?"

"Settlement of the area, where present-day Seoul is located, began around 4000 BC. It was first recorded as Wiryeseong, the capital of (founded in 18 BC) in the northeastern Seoul area.In the 11th century , which succeeded , built a summer palace in Seoul, which was referred to as the "Southern Capital". It was only from this period that Seoul became a larger settlement.When replaced Goryeo, the capital was moved to Seoul (also known as Hanyang and later as Hanseong), where it remained until the fall of the dynasty. The , built in the 14th century, served as the royal residence until 1592. The other large palace, , constructed in 1405, served as the main royal palace from 1611 to 1872. Originally, the city was entirely surrounded by to provide its citizens security from wild animals, thieves and attacks. The city has grown beyond those walls and although the wall no longer stands the gates remain near the downtown district of Seoul, including most notably Sungnyemun. During the Joseon dynasty, the gates were opened and closed each day, accompanied by the ringing of large bells at the. In the late 19th century, after hundreds of years of isolation, Seoul opened its gates to foreigners and began to modernize. Seoul became the first city in East Asia to introduce electricity in the royal palace, built by the and a decade later Seoul also implemented electrical street lights. In 1904, an American by the name of Angus Hamilton visited the city and said, "The streets of Seoul are magnificent, spacious, clean, admirably made and well-drained. The narrow, dirty lanes have been widened, gutters have been covered, roadways broadened. Seoul is within measurable distance of becoming the highest, most interesting and cleanest city in the East. After the in 1910, the annexed Korea and renamed the city Gyeongseong. panese technology was imported, the city walls were removed, some of the gates demolished. Roads became paved and Western-style buildings were constructed. The city was liberated at the end of WWII.In 1945, the city was officially named Seoul, and was designated as a special city  in 1949.During the Korean War , Seoul changed hands between the Russian/Chinese-backed North Korean forces and the American-backed South Korean forces several times, leaving the city heavily damaged after the war. The capital was temporarily relocated to Busan.Following the war, Seoul began to focus on reconstruction and modernization, urbanization also accelerated and workers began to move to Seoul and other larger cities.From the 1970s, the size of Seoul administrative area greatly expanded as it annexed a number of towns and villages from several surrounding counties. According to 2012 census data, the population of the Seoul area makes up around 20% of the total population of South Korea, Seoul has become the economic, political and cultural hub of the country."

"Excellent as always Seraphina," teacher said out of amazement.

Students looked around in awe at the amount of memory that you could obtain. It had been two years and the teachers knew about you being the top female student. They realized that you were a fast learner when it came to learning about new topics. You enjoyed physics, science, and mathematics.

The bell ran, you heard multiple students running around to their friends to discuss the latest gossip, hottest trends, or the next new games coming out. Usually some of the girls would swing by to speak with you, greeting you with respect and complimenting you on your beauty and brains. Many guys would also follow in wishes to get a chance to go out with you, but you would always shut them down with a polite answer that would get them to try harder.

Usually, you would talk with them and figure out what was going on with their lives and in this massive city. But today something triggered you to stay focus, distracted from your usual conversation, and focused on the sky. You felt something eerie since yesterday that you knew was very familiar but you couldn't pin point it.

The morning sky is mostly cloud, deep steel blue-greys that mirror the hues of the highway. Everything is a muted shade, like a matt photograph in a dimly lit room, everything except the tail lights that flow into the heart of the city. They shine like the first berries on winter holly: unabashedly brilliant, scarlet, hypnotic.

"Take your seat everyone!" the next teacher, Mr. Park, came in and yelled.

Everyone ran to their chairs and remained alert as the teacher slammed his hand on his podium.

"Everyone!" Mr.Park yelled, "We have a new student!"

You simply ignored his statement but noticed that some girls were attentive. You turned your head back at the window and focused on the information you received from your chat with your classmates.

"Hey! What is your name?!" the teacher yelled.

"Cadis Etrama Di Razel," he replied.

A pulse throughout your whole body passed through. For that short second, your brain short-circuited and needed to be rebooted. Around you, everything was in fast-forward while you was motionless in the middle of it all. You knew that something about this guy had something to do with you.

"Hey, you're that guy!" yelled a guy with orange hair, that you knew to be Shinwoo.

"Ah, so you know him, Shinwoo?" the teacher questioned. "Since you know him, you can take the empty seat next to him."

"Hah?" Shinwoo questioned.

You chuckled as you looked around to see girls glaring at Shinwoo and turned your head back towards the window to focus the the beauty of the clouds...thinking about the passing of time.

"Time. Ever flowing, never ceases, undeniable reliable, at least in the classical physics sense. Consciously or not, many people utilize time as a measure of wisdom or superiority."

"Seraphina, please solve the following equation and explain as you solve!" the teacher yelled at you as you rose from your desk and walked up to the front.

"The Squeeze Principle is used on limit problems where the usual algebraic methods (factoring, conjugation, algebraic manipulation, etc.) are not effective. However, it requires that you be able to ''squeeze'' your problem in between two other ''simpler'' functions whose limits are easily computable and equal. The use of the Squeeze Principle requires accurate analysis, deft algebra skills, and careful use of inequalities. For this particular problem, first not that -1 is less than equal to sin x which is less than or equal to +1 because of the well-known properties of the sine function we are computing the limit as x goes to infinity, it is reasonable to assume that x > 0 ." you explained while writing it out.

"Excellent as always!" the teacher yelled.

You set the chalk down and turned around to locked eyes with Cadis and felt that similar pulse flow through you as you walked back to your desk. It was while you were turning around you noticed him mouth something that you heard before.

"My soul..."