Chapter Five

---Mr. Brantley’s P.O.V.---

I finished my coffee, told James to have a good day, and went back to my classroom. I walked back into my room when the bell rang indicating that second period was about to start, and I saw Ami organizing 2ook on the bookshelf that my mother brought in.

“Ami?” I called to her, but she didn’t respond so I tried again, walking towards her, “Ami?”

Once more, she didn’t respond. I walked over to her and put my hand on her shoulder and called for her a third time, “Ami?”

She jumped, looked at me, and pulled on of her ear buds out. “Don’t scare me like that! You nearly gave me a heart attack,” she yelled at me.

I laughed. “Second period is starting,” I said as I looked around the room to see that 95% of the desks were occupied, “So can you do me a favor and take role while I escort my mom to her car? I’ll only be five minutes.”

“Yeah, sure,” she shrugged and started rolling her ear buds around her iPod, “do you want me to start assigning books and handing out the syllabus too, sir?”

“That would be great. Miss Clemens should be bringing them any minute now. Thanks!” I yelled back as I was being yanked out of the room by my ears. I heard the class chuckle from down the hall and it made me smile. ‘I am finally a teacher. This one’s for you, dad,’ I thought to myself.

---In the classroom; Ami’s P.O.V.---

“Mr. Brantley will be back shortly, so for now,” I began, “My name is Amerianna, but you can call me Ami. I am Mr. Brantley’s practicum this semester. Until he gets back, I’m going to take role, assign you books, and pass out the course syllabus so you have a rough idea of what to expect from this semester. Okay?”

Just as I finished taking role, there was a knock on the door. “Excuse me for a moment,” I said to the class and went to answer the door.

It was Miss Clemens with 4 large stacks of papers which I assumed to be the syllabi. I thanked her and lugged the stacks into the classroom.

As I started handing out the syllabus, Mr. Brantley stumbled into the class with 2 more globes, more maps, motivational posters, and a bright red set of lips plastered onto his forehead which I assumed to be from Charity. I couldn’t help but laugh a little.

---Mr. Brantley’s P.O.V.---

The first thing I hear as soon as I stagger back into the classroom is Ami laughing. I dumped the rest of the stuff my mother had brought on the back table before looking up at her and asking, “what’s funny?”

She dug in her purse for a few moments and started towards me with a compact mirror in her hand.

“Look,” she said as she opened the mirror and handed it to me; trying not to laugh.

I took the mirror from her and examined my face. It took me a few moments before realizing what she was laughing at; a large set of red lips stamped on my forehead, right between my eyebrows. “Mom..” I muttered under my breath.

I handed Ami her compact back and started to say something when she cut me off.

“Go to the wash room and clean that off. I have books and syllabi to assign and hand out.

I sighed in amazement of this beautiful individual, and walked down the hall in the direction of the lavatory. 

***Another short chapter, I know.. I'm STILL working on that... Hope you are all enjoying it thus far!!! What did you guys think of Charity?? What about James??? Let me know!!!***