Chapter Four

Once we arrived at the mess hall, I sat at a table while Mr. Brantley went and got our drinks, and test Michelle.  

‘In the mess hall; grabbing a coffee with Mr. B and heading back to 69. I’ll see you @ lunch. ~AmiCakes’

About a minute later, my phone vibrated, indicating an incoming text message. I looked at the screen, but I didn’t recognize the number. 

‘What kind of coffee would you like? –Lance’

“How did he get my number? I know he didn’t ask me for it and I didn’t outright give it to him. Oh well, he has it now..” I thought to myself.

‘Half-caf French vanilla cappuccino with whipped cream and caramel ~AmiCakes’ I replied and then saved his number under ‘Dreamboat <3’

As I touched the screen to save the contact, Mr. Brantley sat down at the table with a tray containing our coffees, grape juice, and water; he wasn’t alone though. James, my ex-boyfriend, sat down across the table from me.

“Hey Ami, how was your summer? It feels like we haven’t talked in ages,” he said, smiling at me.

I ignored him and stared at Mr. Brantley, questionably.

“What are you staring at?”

“Trying to figure out how you got my number, is all.”

James interrupted, “that was my fault. I gave it to him without thinking about it. I’m sorry.”

Irritated, I grabbed my coffee, Charity’s drinks, and walked back to Mr. Brantley’s classroom.

---Mr. Brantley’s P.O.V.---

‘I know she’s mad, but I can’t figure out if it’s my fault, or if she’s mad at James for giving me her number to begin with,’ I thought to myself as I watched Ami leave the mess hall. ‘How does she know James anyways? He’s my best friends’ son and they only moved here this summer.’

---In the classroom; Ami’s P.O.V.---

“Here you go, Charity,” I said as I handed her the water and grape juice she had asked for, ‘did you need any more help with anything?”

Charity thanked me and said she was nearly finished so I could just sit and wait until the bell rang. ‘Oh boy,’ I thought to myself, ‘this is going to be a very long day.”

***Another short chapter, I know.. I'm working on that... Hope you are all enjoying it thus far!!!***