0.0

Epilogue

— The Death of (Y/n) Smith

"After my sister finished her letters she put them where she knew I'd find them

"After my sister finished her letters she put them where she knew I'd find them. Cleaning her room she came into mine and said goodnight then did the same with our parents. Honestly, I thought I was starting to get my sister back, and I was. (Y/n) was starting to come back to us. Going into her room she put on some clothes and Jeff's jacket. Grabbing one of the bottles from our parents' mini-fridge in the garage she started walking. By the time she got to the intersection where the accident happened, she was drunk. (Y/n) stood in the road her mind completely somewhere else. Of course, someone was speeding they couldn't stop fast enough and they hit her. That's exactly what she wanted though. My sister died back before school started while driving with her boyfriend. She left a note with her tapes and she specifically asked me to read it knowing everyone on Hannah's tapes would be here today. (Y/n) said and I quote 'I am tape number ten here are the tapes that explain beyond tape 10'."

"Why," You cried taking another sip from the bottle you threw it at the new stop sign. "Dammit, Sherri!"

Crying you stumbled into the dark road completely unaware of the present remembering the crash. Reliving that night you fell to your knees in tears. Hearing a car speeding down the road you turned toward it emotionless. The last thing you saw was headlights and the sound of a horn going off as tires skidded on the pavement.

Everyone was silent as your tapes stopped and Leslie was quiet. You were right people like Bryce Walker, and Sherri Holland were frozen in their seats as you had unveiled the truth to all. Your parents may not have completely liked the idea but they knew that's what you wanted. You wanted your funeral to be an informative event, not a sad one. That's exactly what it was as the Smith's, Davis's, Atkin's, and Baker's family sat together with their children all victims.

It may seem sad a young girl losing her life but (Y/n) smith was happier than she had ever been in the past few months.

"You so stole my tape idea," Looking over you smiled as you knew and missed that voice.

"What can I say Hannah it was really clever," You said pulling her into a tight hug, she looked great. "Question? Is attending my own funeral a little morbid?"

"No, I will whenever my parents finally have mine. It's good for you it's a good way to finally disconnect from what life was and connect to what life now is," Hannah said looking behind the two of you and you looked back. Not to a bright light as it was usually depicted but another place. You couldn't see it as you had not let go of earth yet but you could feel it the happiness, the freedom. You had both your legs and you felt happier as every day of living you were broken.

"Wow, it feels amazing. Wait what about here?" You asked cutting your joy short and Hannah's smile just widened. "What?"

"You broke your promise you know?" Turning around you broke into a huge smile. The person you wanted to see was finally with you.

"Jeff!" You exclaimed in joy pulling him into a hug you began to cry a bit. "I've missed you so much."

"I know and I've missed you too but was that really necessary?" Jeff said pointing to your casket and you sighed before nodding.

"I didn't just do this for you, Jeff. I did it for the truth to unravel. I did it so this town would understand that until we get it together more and more kids will lose their lives," you explained and he pulled you into a long-awaited kiss. Is was slow and full of pure passion. "Also because Jeff Atkins I am so in love with you that when I lost you I couldn't breathe."

"I missed you too and I was always there. That feeling you get when you felt like you were being watched that was me. Now we gotta watch over our families, and Leslie, and Clay," Jeff said and you smiled nodding.

"Well then love birds lets go. Our happy ending awaits us," Hannah said causing you to giggle but as you guys began walking to the other place you stopped.

"What about Alex?" You asked confused you still didn't know if he lived or died.

"He's in the in-between. Basically where you were with Jeff before you got revived. He could live or he could die. I don't think it's his time yet," Hannah explained and you nodded slowly in understanding. Looking back as the priest was now on stage and your parents both hugged a crying Leslie you smiled.

"It's okay," you whispered and Leslie looked back straight at you. You smiled and to her, she most likely assumed she was hallucinating but you were there and she smiled back. As soon as she saw you was just as soon as you disappeared.

"She's gonna be alright without you don't worry," Jeff said making you look away from Leslie and to his kind smile

"She's gonna be alright without you don't worry," Jeff said making you look away from Leslie and to his kind smile. Hannah hooked arms with you while Jeff interlaced your hands. They then both her and Jeff spoke at once.

"Are you ready?" They asked and you smiled looking back one more time you nodded.

"I have been. For a while now actually."

They buried (Y/n) exactly where she wanted, right next to Jeff's grave. In there she was wearing comfortable leggings and his hoodie. For her friends' people like Zachary Dempsey, Tony Padilla, and Clay Jensen this broke their hearts. To a certain extent though, you made it clear this was your choice and no one's fault. Suicide is never an option, don't make it one. If you're a Hannah Baker and feel alone you're not. If you're an Alex Standall and feel guilty you're forgiven. Lastly, if you're a (Y/n) Smith and feel empty you're loved.

In the memory of (Y/n) Smith
An Amazing Daughter
A Loving Sister
A Great Girlfriend
A Good Friend
2000-2017

In the memory of (Y/n) Smith An Amazing Daughter A Loving SisterA Great GirlfriendA Good Friend2000-2017

💚