Chapter 22 - Paris

Chapter 22 – Paris

“I can’t believe we’re flying first class!” I exclaimed bounding in my seat excitedly, Nathan chuckled next me before giving me one of his amazing grins. He had picked me up at eleven this morning and we’d driven to the airport where we met the other boys and their girls. We had to wait an hour before we were allowed to board the plane, not that I minded; Nathan and the others kept me company.

He hadn’t told me we were flying first class so when he showed me the seats I was pretty surprized. Nathan was sat next to me with Max and Michelle in-front of us, opposite them were Tom and Kelsey, Jay and Mollie were seated opposite us and Siva and Nareesha were behind us with Paul and Big Kev opposite them, we were like one big happy family going on a family vacation!

“Sorry I’ve never flown first class before, it’s all new to me” I said reaching over and taking his hand, he grinned back and poked me playfully on the nose before replying.

“You don’t need to apologise; you look really cute when you’re excited! I was just the same when we flew first class for the first time” he said making me grin, he really did know how to always put a smile on my face.

“Aww! So cute” Max said, apparently peeking through his and Michelle’s seat to watch us. He spoke in his familiar teasing voice making me blush slightly as he laughed turning his attention back to his fiancé.

Ladies and Gentleman we are about to take off, please watch the safety video playing before you. We should arrive at the destination in around one hour, enjoy your flight” an overhead voice said through the speakers, I was slightly surprized that no-one came out and demonstrated how to use a life-jacket or showed you the many exits of the plane, I guess it was a perk of flying first class

I watched the video taking in all the information in case of a crash landing before turning my attention back to Nathan who was already grinning looking at me, I rolled my eyes before lifting up the arm rest so I could lean against his chest, he wrapped his arm around me and kissed me briefly on the forehead.

“C’mon Lucy you don’t want to be left on the plane” Nathan said taking my hand and practically dragging me off, I pouted before following him. I’d not long discovered some of the benefits to first class such as the mini fridge and chocolates, blankets, toiletry set and I even found a set of pyjamas in case you wanted to have a nap! Nathan found it amusing when I discovered something new, or kept reclining the seat which made Siva slightly annoyed from behind me.

We walked off the plane and joined the others who were all collecting their suitcases, I managed to spot mine and Nathan grabbed it for me before he got his own and we all shoved them in a taxi and drove to the hotel.

I felt slightly out of place when we arrived at the hotel in the middle of Paris, it was five stars and you could certainly tell. The floors were all tiled and a chandelier hung in the entrance hall, a door man greeted us and a porter took all our bags as we checked in. I couldn’t believe we were staying here, I felt like a celebrity or something, Nathan grinned proudly back at me as he watched me and I just looked at him wide eyed.

“We are staying here right? We’re not going to leave in a minute and walk into a bed and breakfast somewhere?” I said still looking around before glancing at the others. Mollie seemed to have the same expression as me while the others were all grinning excited at where we were staying. Big Kev and Paul went to check us in before returning with six door keys, I’m glad I wasn’t paying for the bill; it would have been slightly out of my budget.

“So who’s staying with whom?” Big Kev asked so he could give out the room keys. Max and Michelle, Tom and Kelsey and Siva and Nareesha all coupled up for rooms. I looked at Mollie unsure on whether we were going to share or we would stay with the boys. She looked at me and shrugged although I could see how much she wanted to spend the night with Jay. I looked at Nathan who was looking hopeful at me and went to link my arm through his, everyone else grinned and Mollie gave me a thankful glance.