Chapter 7 - Paparazzi

I awoke the next morning to the sound of the phone and doorbell ringing. It took a few minutes to remember what went on last night – The concert, the song, Nando's, the kiss.

My mum shouted me from downstairs, so grudgingly I swung out of bed and shuffled downstairs as I was still half asleep. My mum was stood waiting me in the front room and pounced as soon as I entered.

“Lucy, the phone is ringing off the hook with people asking about you and Nathan, and reporters keep coming to the door asking to talk to you” My mum said looking slightly flustered.

“Alright mum, I’ll phone Nathan and let him know” I picked up my phone and dialled his number; he must have been near the phone because he picked up on the second ring.

“Lucy!” Nathan exclaimed, he’d obviously seen the caller ID.

“Hey Nathan” I said

“I was about to call you about the press” Nathan said

“That’s just what I’m calling about. They’ve been calling the house phone all morning and ringing the doorbell, my mums starting to get all flustered"

“I’m already on it, Paul is on his way to yours and I’ll and be round in about an hour” Nathan said as the doorbell rang. I opened it to see Paul shielding off a crowd of reporters and photographers. As soon as they recognised I was there, camera flashes erupted around me, and people were shouting questions at me.

“Lucy, how does it feel having a pop star as your boyfriend?!”

“You don’t think he’ll break your heart do you?”

“How did you and Nathan first meet?” They shouted in unison. Paul ushered me back inside the house and closed the door behind us.

“Lucy? Lucy?” I heard Nathan speaking from the phone

“I’m here, sorry, I just had a bit of an encounter with them letting Paul in” I said sitting down

“Are you okay?” Nathan asked sounding concerned.

“Yeah, I’m fine. Just a little surprized I guess, they took photos of me while I’m in my pyjamas. I’ll look like a right mess in the pictures” is said as flustered as my mum.

“I’m sure you’ll look great no matter what. I'm sorry for all of this Lucy” Nathan said sincerely

“It’s not your fault Nathan” I said

“Yes it is. I know how the press can be at first. If you don’t want to be with me because of it, I’ll understand completely” Nathan sad, I could hear the sadness in his voice.

“Nathan. Of course I still want to be with you. It will down die right? I mean they only want all these interviews because we’ve only just got together” I said. As much as it overwhelmed me, I didn’t want it to effect our relationship.

“You don’t know how happy it makes me hearing you say that” Nathan said, you could hear how he had lightened up.

“I’m glad; I better go and see what my mum and Paul are talking about. I’ll see you in about half an hour” I said as we both said our goodbyes.

I walked back in the room to see mum and Paul in deep conversation. They hadn’t seen me in the room yet, I slowly walked backwards out of the room so I could eavesdrop.

“I can’t make her break up with him Paul, she likes him too much, and you can tell how much Nathan likes her. Anyway, it would only make questions be raised, everyone would want to know why there relationship ended so soon” My mum said. I don’t know why Paul even suggested it, he’s seen first-hand our relationship together.

“No, your right Anne, it would make the public pounce on her. I need to confirm this with Nathan's manager Jayne, but I think the best way to handle this is for them to do one exclusive interview together, confirming their relationship to one magazine, and them for them to go on one public date – once they’ve been seen together and its confirmed, the media will back away and they’ll have more privacy” Paul said. As much as I hated the paparazzi, I had to say this was a pretty good idea.

“That might work” My mum said trailing off into thought. “Lucy, you can stop eavesdropping and come in here” she added. Damn, I thought I was being sneaky. I sighed and walked back into the room, sitting on the sofa.

“So you heard the plan?” Paul said asking

“Yeah, I think it’s a great idea” I said

“Okay, I’ll just call Jayne and see if she thinks it’s alright. If she agrees I’ll get her to set up an interview for you both tomorrow” He said as he walked out the door already talking on the phone. I turned to my mum who was looking at me.

“Are you sure this is alright Lucy?  I mean you’re not going to have the same sort of privacy for a while?” She asked me

“Yeah, mum I really like Nathan. It will take a while to get used to, but it’ll be worth it” I said positively.

“Alright, as long as you’re sure, I just don’t want to see you get hurt because of this” She warned me. Before I could reply Paul walked back in, I glanced at him waiting to see what he had to say.

“Jayne agrees with me. She’s arranged for an interview in the magazine Heat for tomorrow, which Nathan and yourself Lucy, will need to attend. Once the interview is over, we’ll discuss the public date” Paul said.  I had to say I was impressed. He was pretty good at organizing things.

“Okay-“ I said getting cut off by my phone ringing. I hit the accept button.

“Nathan” I said waiting to see what he was calling for

“Hey Lucy, I’m about five minutes away from your house. I tried calling Paul but he wouldn’t answer his phone, could you ask him to be outside the house in a few minutes because of the press?” He asked

“Yeah sure I’ll tell him now” I replied

“Thanks, see you in a few” He said before we hung up. I told Paul and he went outside to wait for Nathan. My mum gave him a key to the house so it was easy for them to get in without any hassle.

True to his word, Nathan and Paul rushed through the door five minutes later. He walked up to me and pulled me into a hug. I loved being in his arms. We talked about the interview tomorrow before walking up to my room. As soon as the door closed he pulled me into another hug, as he pulled away he leaned in. Our eyes closed and his breathe tickled my face before his lips met mine. I melted under his touch, the feelings I felt when I was with him were unlike any other I’d felt before; it was pure magic.

--------------

Comment, Vote, fan <3. I'm seeing The Wanted tomorrow in The Code on T.W.A.T Nottingham tomorrow. I can't wait! I'll use some of the things they do in the concert for the fanfic. Hope you like it and please keep voting! :)