Racing the Clock

It takes forever for the meeting to end and I don't hear a word of it. I need to see Dot again! I sit on the edge of my chair, staring at the clock like a kid waiting for the bell to ring. The old men finally close the meeting and I race out of the conference room like a bat out of hell. I push myself faster hoping Dot hasn't left yet.

Not paying attention to where I'm going I don't see Mary until I just about knock her over. I slam into her then have to move fast to catch her. She straightens out the files she's carrying then looks up at me sternly.
     "Jason! Didn't your mother teach you not to run in the halls? Where are you off to in such a hurry?"
     "Sorry, Mary. " I say quickly. "Have you seen an intern go by in the past few minutes her name is Dot. "
     "Why do you want to know about Dot?" She asks, looking puzzled.
     "I think she's my mate. Mary, please, I want to catch her before she leaves!" Mary's eyes light up and she coos and grabs my hand.
     "Oh, Jason. I'm so happy for you! She just passed by. She said she was going to say goodbye to a friend in the mail room before heading home. " I start running toward the mail room. "Good luck!" I hear her yell from behind me. It seems to take forever to get to the mail room and I'm out of breath. I stop for a moment then walk in as casually as I can.

Dot is talking to another woman as she gathers up a few things. She turns around just as I walk up to her and smacks right into my chest. I see her start to fall and grab her around the waist, steadying her. I feel her shiver and my eyes snap to hers. She is lovely when she blushes.
     "A-are you okay?" I ask slowly, my eyes darting around. She giggles and I look back at her again.
     "I'm fine thanks to you. I've lost count the times I've fallen or tripped today. These things are treacherous. " she says as she yanks off her heels. I can't help but growl when she does. She was short before but without the heels she is tiny and since I am holding her I can feel her body rub against me as she sinks down.

I immediately yank her up so I'm holding her in my arms, her legs draped and dangling prettily from the crook of my arm. I can feel myself tingling from the skin on skin contact. I feel her gasp and quiver and I know that she feels it too. I look at her face and she is blushing and her eyes wide. I grin, she is so cute when she is surprised.
     "D-don't want you're p-pretty little bare feet on this carpet." I say and she giggles and holds one of her feet up and looks at it then at me.
     "You think they're pretty?" Her question makes me blush and I clear my throat. "I have always wanted to know what a mans stubble feels like on my toes." I stop breathing for a moment. She said it so quietly I'm sure she didn't mean for me to hear it but it's so hard not to react. I want to sit her down on that desk a few feet away and show her exactly what it feels like and any other thing she may be curious about. I have to take a deep breath to stop myself from doing just that.
     "Would you like to go get a milkshake with me?" I blurt out. She stares at me shocked for a moment before she smiles.
     "Sure, but only if I get to choose where. "

Author's Note:

I'm sorry it took me so long to update, I've been really busy the past couple weeks. I hope you guys like this second chapter! Please vote and comment and remember that I love you all!