Chapter 1

My mother had always taught me, no matter what I was going to do in life, to do it right. That’s why, even though I wanted to just put on some pajamas and sleep after my ten hour flight into Windermere, Florida; I showed up to the coffee shop on 7th street in a loose blue dress and heels. I needed to not look like a slob when I met my new employer.

I sat at my table sipping my frappechino and texting my mom, who was already inquiring about my new job. Unlike my father, who thought what I did was just shy of prostitution, she thought it was wild and crazy – in a good way.

“Sage?” I heard a high pitched giggle. I looked up to see a face that matched the voice perfectly. She was blond, skinny, and in a cheerleader’s uniform.

“You have got to be kidding me…” I mumbled low enough so she wouldn’t hear me, and pushed aside the urge to roll my eyes. Instead I stood up and stuck my hand out. “Yes, that’s me. You must be Missy.”

“Oh, you are perfect.” She said, ignoring my hand and bringing me into a hug.

“Um, thanks?” I squeezed out through her death grip. When she finally let go, I sat back down with her across from me. She stared at me for a moment with that big grin across her face, until I broke the awkward silence.

“So, who is the lucky guy?” I ask. This snaps her out of her stare.

“His name’s Drew.” She says, and pulls a manila folder out of her big, pink purse and plops it in front of me. I open it up and look. The first page is a list of facts about him. His birth date, family members, and friends.

“Thorough,” I noted. “I like it.”

The second page had a picture. I won’t lie, he is attractive. Honestly, this boy could be a model. But that wouldn’t hinder me. Not to sound like a slut, because I’m definitely not, but I’ve dated models from almost every continent. This one boy wouldn’t faze me. He had longish dirty blonde hair, bright green eyes, and absolutely delectable looking lips. The picture was basically a headshot, but from his broad shoulders I could see he definitely had some muscles to show under that shirt.

“Captain of the football team?” I asked. So predictable. “Let me guess, he’s the school player and he broke your heart.” I looked up, and Missy had looked down at her hands in embarrassment.

“Is it that obvious?” She asked quietly.

At the sadness in her voice, a pang of guilt immediately shot into my chest. I didn’t need to be such a bitch. I reached my hand across the table and placed it on hers. She looked up at me in surprise.

“Missy, Getting revenge is my job.” I explained. “The school players are my most popular victims. If you screw over that many girls, you’re bound to get one that wants to settle the score.”

That seemed to soften her expression.

“Yeah, but it’s not entirely his fault.” She admitted. “We all know how he is, yet he still has girls fighting over him. And for what? Sure, he’ll take you out to dinner, and treat you like a princess for a day or two. But as soon as he gets what he wants, he’ll leave you the next day.”

“It happens.” I shrug. “We’ll get him though.” She smiled devilishly at this.

“So, how’s this going to work then?” She asked, getting excited. I rolled my eyes, but smiled at her enthusiasm.

“Well, before I can do anything, I need to check into the boarding school. I haven’t even dropped off my stuff yet.” I explained. Her eyes went wide.

“Oh my god, you came straight here?” She rushed. “We could have pushed it till later. Wait – where’s your stuff?” She looked under the table for my bags.