Chapter 7/Genkai

Attention! I am going to leave out parts of the next chapters. I also wanted to say that my chapters are mostly in Sayako's POV.

Sayako's POV:
Yusuke and I were stomping up a mountain totally exhausted. We were headed to some kind of a training temple for people with spiritual powers and stuff like that. An old woman called Genkai is supposed to be looking for an apprentice to learn him or her the ultimate technique, although I do not understand why Botan told me to come along because I don't have any spiritual powers. Also a demon named Rando supposedly sneaked into the temple and we have to find him. 'Then again, how am I supposed to beat someone without spiritual powers! When Yusuke fought against Hiei I couldn't keep up at all and was down in less than a minute...', Once we reached the temple a lot of different people were gathered on a big plaza. "Haven't seen this many strange people since the comic book convention." Yusuke told me and I had to giggle. "I guess your right. They do lo--...!", I got interrupted b a shrill voice:"The Urameshi twins!!" As Yusuke and I turned our heads to the left we saw Kuwabara standing in The middle of the crowd waving at us. "Kuwabara!!?" Yusuke and I screamed in unison. "Hey what the heck is going on!? I mean what are you guys doing here?", "Well, we have some reason to be here what's your excuse?" I said to him. "It seems my ability to see ghosts and stuff got a little more crazy in the past few weeks and I can't even concentrate on my fighting, you know. Then I heard Master Genkai can fix these symptoms so I came here to pay her a visit but look at this line..." Kuwabara and Yusuke kept talking and fighting each other, but they stopped when they heard a loud bang and the door of the temple opened. A small, fragile, old woman walked out. "Huh! That little old hag is Genkai?!", 'I don't believe it....Yusuke you fool' I thought and then said it out loud:"Yusuke you moron! Behave yourself!" He instantly shut up. Once I get angry, no one stands a chance against me! Genkai steadily faced the crowd:"All right people, I suppose we should get things started! The first of your task will be... a lottery!" ........ 'Kidding, right?!!', "How is that a test!!" Yusuke yelled in the air. Genkai pointed at an old pot:"Everyone must draw a lot from this old container. Come now, we haven't all day" We did as we were told and made a line. As I was about to take a lot, Genkai stopped me by grabbing my hand:"Your name is Sayako Urameshi, right?", "....Yes, Master Genkai.", "Then you'll be staying at my side till all of the tests are over." The other people standing behind me heard that and started arguing:"Why is that puny girl allowed to stay with Master Genkai!?", Genkai cut them off:"Because a man, more powerful than me, named Koenma told me to keep that girl from any fights and that's what I'll do!", 'Why won't Koenma let me fight.... Ah, wait... I haven't learned a spiritual power yet....that must be it.', "Alright, but I'll tell my brother first. I yelled what I just heard from Genkai to Yusuke. He didn't quite understand me he just looked puzzled. But... whatever. I stood next to Genkai and she spoke up:"If the paper inside is red then congratulations you passed the first test... if the paper is white then go home you're not needed here!"............

~Time skip~

"This is not a normal house!" Yusuke mentioned. The room we were in now had lots of different video games inside. Apparently this is our next test. "Master Genkai, what do these video games have to do with learning great power?" I ask her. "Well, these are no ordinary games. The rock-paper-scissors game will test your spirit awareness. The punching game shows your spirit strength. And last but not least, the karaoke tests your energy ability to adapt and grow stronger. If you cannot pass two out of three then go home quickly and don't play the other games there just for me!" Yusuke made his way up to the punching game. He smashed his fist into boxing-thingy. It began to make sounds and the lights were blinking. 155 points. Kuwabara tried it too and landed 129 points. Genkai told me to use the three games as well so that she knows about my powers and why Koenma told her to watch me. So I went over to the punching game and tried my best. ..... I couldn't believe it myself. 155 points. "Wow, what the hell Sayako! Since when did you became as strong as me. I'm impressed.", Yusuke cried in my ear. "Unbelievable, Sayako. What kind of freak are you!" Kuwabara laughed. "It must be broke, guys. There's no way I could be that strong, I can't even open a normal soda can!" I told them. "Don't worry child it's not broke. Now try the other two games, I want to see how well you're doing with them!" Genkai ordered. After I tried the rock-paper-scissors game the screen showed me amazing 160 points. After trying the Karaoke the screen showed 160 points. 'If my spiritual powers are that amazing ... why couldn't I stand a chance against Hiei. It's kinda frustrating'..........

To be continued....

Hehehehe ;) I always wanted to write something like that. It's always seen in movies and TV shows.