Chapter 16

Song: Long Live by Taylor Swift

Mallory's POV

I sat in the room with Jack's mate, who was still sleeping by the way. She was really beautiful and I knew Jack was lucky. I helped Mom patch her up and I dressed her in some of the spare clothing that was in the cabin. I could tell that Jack didn't want to leave her but he had to go fight. Suddenly I could hear her breathing pick up as she woke up. She shot straight up and I steadied her. She looked around the room and saw me.

"Where am I and are you on my side?" She asked commandingly. 

"I am Mallory, Jack's sister. I am on your side. Jack found the two men grabbing you and he fought them to get you. Both of them died, I think." 

"Hold on a second. You are Mallory? Like the one that we are fighting for?" She said in disbelief. I nodded my head and she knelt on the floor, very slowly. 

"I pledge myself to you Princess." She said with her head down. 

"What are you doing? If Jack sees you on your feet he will be livid! Lay back down you are on bed rest!" I said knowing that Jack would do exactly that. 

"It's ok they didn't hurt me. I had been thrown to the ground while I was fighting another wolf. My head hit a rock and it knocked me out. My wolf healed me so I'm not hurt anymore." She said and I believed her.

"Alright then. What's your name since you already know mine?" I helped her back off the ground and she sat down on the makeshift bed.

"My name is Violetta Grey and my father is in the King's army. I was trained to fight and have fought in many battles. My duty is to my King, Queen and their family." She said and I wasn't surprised that she was a fighter. She looked like one.

"Well Violetta, my brother is the Beta of the BloodLust Pack. After he gave you to me, he left to continue to fight. He should be back soon because this war will end soon. I don't have an exact time but it is going to end today and I have a feeling I won't like what is going to happen. But I will live on and enjoy my life. Now enough of my complaining, tell me about yourself." I said finishing my rambling.

"Well my Queen-" I interrupted her.

"Call me Mallory."

"Well Mallory, I am 19 years old and have been training to fight in the King's Army since I was 13. My mother died giving birth to my triplet sisters. My sisters are now 13 and their names are Araletta, Carletta, and Nikoletta. My father's name is George Grey and my mother's name is Joy Grey. My sisters are staying at our home in Georgia but we are constantly visiting the Castle so it is a second home to us."

"Well Violetta, your sisters have shifted I assume?"
"Yes they shifted when they turned 13, three months ago."

"I would like to meet them as soon as this war is over. I would also like to meet your father."

"I will tell them as soon as possible." We fell into a comfortable silence and I took the time to study her.  She had grey eyes and raven black hair. Her hair was in a tight bun but I have a feeling it was long. She was tan and she looked like she was cared for all her life. I can't wait until she officially meets Jack. Both of our families will be close, I could tell. Suddenly I felt a sharp tear in my chest and I doubled over. I knew for a fact that it wasn't the pain of rejection. One of my mates was dying. I sprung up from my chair and ran out of the cabin. Violetta tried to get up but her head didn't agree and she sat back down.

After I busted the door down, I exploded into my patched wolf and ran towards the battle. My wrist had healed so it didn't hurt anymore. I ran up a hill that was in the middle of the battle. I recognized Jack, Gage and John. Gage was kneeling on the ground next to a figure. I pushed myself until I reached the top. I got there and saw Joel, my kidnapper. I snapped and jumped straight at him, my wolf having most control. I had the element of surprise and I was able to grab him by the neck. I quickly got him pinned down and was able to tear his throat out. After his throat was detached from his body, I jumped off of him and shifted back to human form.