Chapter 6

Chapter Six

"Wake up, sweetheart," Oliver kissed her. "We have much to do today."

He watched Val stretch like a happy rested kitten.

"What time is it?" she asked him after stretching.

"After eight," he replied and kissed her once more.

"Mmmm...that was nice," she told him.

"Get used to it, my love I shall wake you every morning of our married life this way. Now we both must dress. Doctor Banyan should arrive around eleven then he and Alex with join us for luncheon. Later I must see about procuring a special license for our wedding. I would like us to marry in three or four days."

"So...soon?" she asked raising a brow at him.

"I see no reason to wait, Val," he told her. "I think, too, that we should visit with Richie and Margie sometime tomorrow, and then bring them and their nanny here to live with us. They've worried long enough about you and as much as we tried to reassure them yesterday that you were alive and well I'm not sure Richie believed us. They are wonderful children, Val you've done well raising them. Once we are married I want us to return to Wainwright Hall to start building a life together, the four of us. I'll let Josh and Rider look into things here. See if they can find out who wanted you harmed. I also think that Wainwright Hall is a much safer place for you and the children until we solve some of these mysteries."

"You have been busy planning this, haven't you," she said. "Am I to have no say in any of it?" Val asked him her brows knitting in a frown.

"I have leaped forward, haven't I," he said a little ashamed of himself for not including her in the making of the plans. "What do you want to change?"

"Nothing really, Oliver, I look forward to returning to Wainwright Hall, but I want to have a say in our marriage, be consulted before any plans are carved in stone. I have no remembrance of my first marriage...but I want to be a full partner in this one. Have some control over my life and not turn it over to you and blindly follow while you lead the way."

She might not remember her past but what she described sounded like the life her mother has with her father, he thought, or could it be how her life with Bishop was?

He brought her hand to his mouth and kissed her palm. "I am truly sorry, Val. I let my excitement of your acceptance of my proposal turn my brain to mush."

"Mush?" she smiled at him.

He grinned at her. "Mush."

He kissed her palm once more. "I give you my solemn vow, Val, that in this marriage of ours, we shall be equal partners. I have lived alone for far to long, made decisions that affected only me, my life, that I forgot there will now be other people who's wants and needs should be heard and considered before any finial plans are... carved in stone." He grinned. "I have never told any other woman I loved her before you, Val. I promise to never break your heart. I promise to never betray your love. I love you now and I will love you forever and beyond."

"Oh, Oliver," she cried, tears in her eyes, her heart swelling with happiness at his words. "I promise to be the best wife to you, the best mother to our children I can be. I may not remember my past now, may never remember it in the future, but I know beyond any doubt that my future is with you. I love you, Oliver Wainwright, 6th Marquess of Trevorton. I shall love you, too, forever and beyond."

He wiped a tear from her check. "I love you, Val," he told her before he sealed their vows to one another with a kiss.

                                                                                            * * *