chapter 1 - saying goodbye.

I watched as the hearse's pulled up down the street, one with mum in and one with dad. I could already feel the tears welling up inside me and the fact that today was about to get a whole lot worse was beginning to become overwhelming. Turning away from the window i looked at my little brother alex , my heart went out to him he was oblivious to it all he just didn't understand what was going on. I couldn't believe it when my auntie told me that he was to stay at home for the day, surely he had the right to say goodbye too but how do you explain to a 3 year old that mummy and daddy are never coming back home. That they would be no more stories from daddy and mummy wouldn't be there to look after him anymore. Nevertheless i was going to be the one to explain to him one day, but just not today at least.

Halfheartedly i smiled helplessly at the picture he drew of us all me,mum,dad, and benji our labradoodle. clasping to my speech and the pictue benji drew i walked outside, everybody was already out there and as i walked down the path everybody turned to me.

*********

A week later it was time to move away to somewhere in yorkshire with my auntie jules. Thank god alex was coming too that little kid is the only thing that keeps me going through greiving. Most of mum and dads belongings had been sent to a charity shop and i had all of the keepsakes since i am the eldest of their children. Most of the furnature from our house we sold to buy a headstone for my mum and dads grave which was nice. Id rather the furnature be sold and the money spent on something for them because our family was the type that only wanted to know us when there was something in it for them.

That morning there it was the first 16 years of my life in boxes ready to leave the home id lived in since i was born. It was about lunchtime when everything was packed so i took alex to his favorite park for the last time. He asked why we was moving house but i just didnt know what to say so i told hm that it would be a big new adventure for me for him and for benji. I smiled in releif when he reacted to it pretty well, he was so excited but i wish i could say that i was. After a good 30 minuites on the park i met up with my bestfriend Maya for the last time. I think we cried and cried for atleast and hour  remanissing the memories we have shared together since we was 5 years old. I really didnt want to leave her behind me being not very confident and certainly not popular meant that she was really the only friend i had. 

Then the time came, id finally arrived home when i saw the removal men had just put the last box into the lorry, the tears began to fill my eyes. Little alex repeated ''paigey dont cry,big adventure''.  I couldnt help but smile at that i cannot beleive how much i need alex he was like my little rock. My auntie hugged us both tightly as asked if we was ready. Ready?  I dont think i was ever going to be ready that whole month had been a rollercoaster or emotions i didnt know how i fealt to be honest.Nonetheless i got in the car with Alex and Benjii  and saw my whole life dissapear as we drove away from every happy memory we had shared with our parents there. I cried and cried the whole way down to my aunties house and little Alex slept so did benjii how i wish i couldve slept the whole way.