A Secrete Heaven

~*~

I awoke just as the sun’s morning rays began to sneak into my room through the one small window, ready to start for the day’s chores, but then I remembered Jonathan’s visit. I quickly hurried down the stone stairs to the kitchen area to start the Queen’s breakfast, the faster I had my duties done, the more time I could spend waiting from Prince Jonathan.

I was nearly finished with everything just after the sun had passed the highest point in the sky, when I heard the rustling of leaves. I looked up from where I had been pulling up a bucket of water through the well, just as yesterday, when I saw his head pop over the wall.

“Ah, my queen. No singing today?” He asked, a teasing grin on his lips as he lifted himself over the wall. I smiled and shook my head.

“No, not currently.” I giggled as Prince Jonathan strode towards me. He took my hands in his and grinned at me.

“That will change once we get back to my kingdom,” He told me, “With you there, the kingdom with forever be filled with music, just so I can hear a note slip passed you beautiful red lips.” I blushed at his words and ducked my head slightly. No one had ever told me anything like that before. Prince Jonathan placed a finger under my chin and raised it, connecting our gazes. “You are truly beautiful,” He admired, and my blush increased, causing him to grin, “I can’t wait to take you home back to the palace. Mother and Father will love you I just know it.” I smiled widely and squeezed his hands, excited,

“Really? You think so?” The prince chuckled and nodded his head, squeezing my hands in return.

“Absolutely. They’ve been wanting my to settle down for ages, and now, I can finally tell them I will be doing just that. Because I’ve met the one I want to marry,” His face came close to my own and we pressed our foreheads together. I closed my eyes although I could feel him still watching me.

“Tell me what it’s like in Dacian,” I begged softly. As he began talking, I could hear the smile and sense of pride for his land in his voice.

“It’s beautiful, Sarafina, with beautiful rolling hills and green fields, the lands go on forever, and the village place is large -”

“What is a village place?” I interrupted him, trying to picture it all in my head at once.

“Well,” He paused, trying to pick out the right words, “It’s a place where all the subjects live, where their homes and families and friends are. And then there’s the market place, where the people can buy anything they need. It can be quite busy there.” 

“It sounds exciting.” I hummed happily. Prince Jonathan nodded, staring straight into my eyes. When he didn’t continue, only stared, I asked him, “What’s wrong?” He blinked and his smile grew into a cheek splitting grin.

“Oh, nothing.” He responded, holding out the words as if it had indeed been something.

“Tell me what you were thinking,” I giggled. His hand came up to my face and brushed a wisp of black hair from my brow.

“Just how beautiful you are,” He told me. A blush fell across my cheeks and I ducked my head, but smiled at his words. “You are,” He said as if he was trying to convince me as he tipped my chin up with his finger. “I’m surprised that I get to have you all to myself.”

“What do you mean?” I questioned, looking into his blue eyes.

“Well it’s obvious, with how beautiful you are, that there would be gentlemen lined across the lands to make you their bride.” He told me with a chuckle. I shook my head and smiled.