t w e n t y - f o u r

t a y l o r

------------------

My home was attacked. My friends are being slaughtered. So I acted in the only way I knew- I fought back.

------------------

Astrid Cleveland belongs in my arms.

She was the prettiest yet most dangerous hell I had ever been in; I didn't mind burning at all.

In my arms, she found comfort.

Clothes slowly hit the floor as I pulled her moans from between her lips- tangled with my growl.

Nights with her were filled with tender kisses.

Nights like these are the nights I live for.

This is where I wanted to spend eternity.

With her.

Skin on skin.

Drunk on love.

***

I awoke to a siren wailing misery upon the house. Three crows crowed ominously outside my window pane.

Jumping up unexpectedly, Astrid stirred in her sleep. Her eyelids fluttered open, her body curling in on itself as the panic began to register in her mind.

The siren's call of warning didn't waver as a minute passed. I threw my clothes on without a second's hesitation, I already knew what the sign signalled.

We're being attacked.

I picked her up gently, not caring for the anxiety coursing through my veins. I moved her head closer to mine, "You need to wake up Little Fighter, we're under attack."

The words registered in her mind quickly as her eyes shot open, staring at me in horror.

"Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit." She repeats terrifyingly, pulling on her jeans and tank top without a second thought. "What do we do? What do we do? Shit Tay, you need to hurry up!"

"Follow me." I took off in a sprint without hesitation, listening to her footsteps follow me to the Panic Room. I knew where the gang would locate to, and I realised I wasn't wrong as I entered the room to find them in a heated debate.

"We need to run!" Scarlett looked the worst out of them all, her shaking form lay rest in Hayden's tight embrace. Devil's eyes caught mine as we thought the same thing- We couldn't let them hurt her.

"Hell no!" Dylan argued back instantly, tucking a second handgun into his waistband. "Last time I checked, we don't run away from danger, we run into it. Since when were the Vipers cowards?" The emphasis on our name shook us all to the core, it was obvious that most of these people had one thing on their minds and it wasn't death. Scarlett had a shimmer in her eyes which revealed she no longer cared about dignity, or pride, or respect.

She wasn't ready to die.

And neither was Jesse according to his next sentence, "Since we could die!"

"That's never stopped us before." Sawyer countered instantly, laying the selection of weapons on a discarded table. His twin aided him silently. Astrid clutched onto my arm as we took in the scene. Most of my brothers were preparing weapons; Knuckle dusters, tasers, guns, knives, bats,grenades, explosives. Whatever they could find.