GAY- Chapter 23

Meeya POV

The wedding was over, some relatives stayed and most left the house. So it was time for the Bride and Groom to play games. In India, it's traditional to have games for the newlyweds. They were playing a game of 'PALLANGUZHI".

Pallanguzhi is an urban board game, once patronized by women in Tamil Nadu, Pallankuzhi is played by dropping seeds into pits on a board. In Indian Muslim weddings, they will use coins. So, the loser, if it was the groom or bride, will later pour the coins onto the winner's hands as a sign of gift.

 So, the loser, if it was the groom or bride, will later pour the coins onto the winner's hands as a sign of gift

Although the game was interesting and the whole crowd was there, we had different plans. 

"Come quick, before anyone sees!" Farim whispers as he held my hands tight as we squeezed through the crowds and ran to the second floor. 

My heart was pounding, gasping for air. Oh man, I should have lost all the stamina that I had gained from Netball. It felt as if I was climbing 10 floors but it was just two. 

"Farim, I'm scared someone will see us!" I blurted anxiously as we were going into a room that was locked for days. 

"I'm here, You trust me right?" he tightened his grip. 

The room was recently cleaned by the maid for the wedding, so it was crisp and clean. He closed the doors and we sat down, opposite of each other. 

"So...ermm... this is it huh?" I asked as I tucked a chunk of hair behind my ears.

"Yea... don't you like the peace, out of all the noise and voices?" he asked as he took a deep breath and looked at me with em very eyes. Eyes that unveiled the truth. Eyes that desired happiness. Eyes that suffered same as me. 

"yea...kinda... but I'm scared my mom will know about this secret meeting." I avoided his eyes. 

"hmmm.. if you are feeling uncomfortable, we can leave, you know." his face flashed a sign of sadness. 

"No actually it's ok... hmmm so how was the day... It was crazy isn't?" I attempted to start a conversation despite having a tornado attacking my guts. 

So the conversation went on and on. We didn't stop to have a break but talked until our chins, lips, cheeks hurt from talking and laughing. I wondered if anything could possibly go wrong during that time. But it did... not by a person... not by an object... but by a word. Yes, a word, simple but '#notintherighttime' kinda word.It begins with a conversation we had. 

"hahahahahah that's hilarious. You know there are one of those too in my school. We call them lesbians. They have short hair, they act boyish as if they rule the entire school. But they love the girl's in our school. The problem with my school is you can't find guys there because it's an ALL GIRL SCHOOL, so they find 'girlfriends' instead of boyfriends. That kind of girlfriends whom they kiss not as a friend but something more." yeah, we were talking about gays and lesbians as if we had nothing better to talk about.

"Have you ever been asked out by a lesbian?" he curiously asked me.

"Naah, I don't think I'm that elegant enough to go on a date with a girl hahaha. Well have you?" my eyes narrowed as I asked him. 

"ermm... well yeaa... there was this guy in my school who came forward and confessed to me." he murmured but I heard it well and thought that was the most hilarious thing I had ever heard. 

"WEll he should have thought you were a GAY!!! HHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH" I literally rolled on the floor, pouring out waves of laughter. 

"What did you say? Repeat again?" I sensed a change of tone there. His eyes were furious, face was red, not that kind that comes from blushing but those that come from anger. He came forward towards me and hissed," What did you say meeya?". 

"Ermmm... I think I should go." I tried to escape from it. 

"NO! Stay. I just asked you what you said" his voice turned cold, bitter, and stern. 

"See I'm sorry but I was just joking ok. We were talking about it right. Why are you all angry about it. I was trying to say 'maybe he thought you were gay' you know.. gay = happy" I tried harder to convince. 

"It's ok... lev it. it's nothing and it's not your fault." he hung his head low and walked away.

How can a simple word like "GAY" can upset him so badly? Maybe it is not simple. Does he have a past of being GAY? NO NO, NO MEEYA NO OF COURSE NOT ... HOW ABOUT A MAYBE the devil interrupted. Hmm has he?  

Hey guys !!! 

Hope you had a wonderful day. Please comment, it will really help me know if my story and chapters are of liking. Thank you soo much for the support!!