Chapter 3 - The Feast

Short I know - also sorry for errors, have limited internet (thats expensive) on vacation.  Enjoy and vote

----

Not to lie, Peter was a bit afraid of going out with the Sairys, he decided it best to stay in the room, maybe it was like a prison and their friendly to him at least until he tries to escape.  What better kind of jail than one you don’t want to leave.  He threw himself onto the bed, sunk down, and leaned back—it was relaxing he had to admit.  He rubbed his ears and crunched off any remaining dried blood, yes a comfortable prison how would he escape?

A hand went into one of his pockets and pulled out a small cube.  The cube was something he got as a gift from his parents when he started high school last year. It’s so much easier to lug around those heavy books in a cube than actually having to drag about some large bag.  The cube mitigates most weight and is pocket size, can’t really beat it when traveling.

He pressed his thumb up against the black side of the cube and a small projection shot up from the opposite direction, he scrolled through the list for anything that may help him escape a think tree prison.  He mostly had camping supplies, a small bit of food, and a few other random gadgets that are really only any good in the city, such as a City Card, mechanical tools, and a few magnets.  There he also noticed he left most of his school supplies in it, several textbooks, paper, pens, a tablet—he wondered if they charge for late returns on the books.  A smile crossed his face and he pressed against the black side once more to close the cube.  There was nothing of value in there that could help him fight his way out or bore a whole through solid wood.  He expected not. 

Though bringing out the cube reminded him to stash his more important item, the map.  He spun it around to the red opposite of the black and pulled out the map.  He stuck the map in front of the black side and pressed against the opposite side.  A similar light to the one that formed the screen appeared and encompassed the map. Once the light engulfed it he pressed the red side once more and the map turned from solid to translucent before vanishing completely.

He jammed the cube back into his pocket and closed his eyes, he wondered if the Sairys knew about the cubes, they are a very voodoo and unspoken technology of the human race.  So much evil spouted out of them if someone has one they really don’t talk about it—it goes with saying, the use of them is perfectly legal, though often not accepted by the people.  They often become like a dairy—others would never know if a person had one, and if they do its their own business and none others—what’s in them can be considered lost to the world until recovered.  He hoped they didn’t know about them, or how they worked—synced in with a single person’s fingerprint.  Then they’d never get their hands on his map.

 The door flew open, causing Peter to snap his eyes open.  Shen decided that it was time to go to whatever festival they were having.  Peter picked himself up off the bed and moved towards the open door.  Peeking out the first thing Peter saw in the center of the once empty ground floor was a four hundred yard long table completely covered with food.  There was no way a table that large could just appear in the center of the room in less than twenty minutes when Shen finished his tour.  Every once in a while he caught another Sairy placing more food on the table or sitting down, it was almost ready. Whatever they were celebrating was almost ready.  Did they have feasts such as this often?

Shen led Peter to one of the far ends of the table, having him sit down at the end one closest to the entrance of the tree as well as Shen's room.  He was close to escape, he wondered if he’d be able to make a run for it.  But with Shen’s innocent cute eyes staring back he just couldn’t seem to do it he remained still, almost curious what would happen next—even if it meant imprisonment and torture for the map.  A few minutes passed and thousands of Sairys swarmed the near empty table at once all taking their places. Without a need for pause or call for silence a thunderous voice started, "Welcome to the festival of the Gods! This was made possible by…"