Chapter 2 - Shen

Posting a quick second chapter just to have two chapters up! Enjoy and Vote if you like and want more - still not sure if I want to countinue updating this story - it's a bit rough to edit (really really old).  If I get enough votes I'd know that people are actually interested in it and invest that time into doing edits.

----

Well, looking at the size of the trees, it was now pretty obvious why the forest was nicknamed the 'Enchanted Forest' because everything in it is huge, almost unreal! A shadow was suddently cast over Peters head, everything went dark from above, Peter panicked as he thought of another shadow creature, but this one looked different, larger. He looked up to see a dark green leaf as big as a small house drifting to the surface above him. Upon seeing the massive leaf he darted forward get out of the way until he heard a soft thud just inches behind him.

"This definitely isn't a safe place either," he said to himself out loud, "well, good thing it isn't the fall right now, then I would be in big trouble," he mumbled admiring the green leaf that was easily ten times larger than himself.

"Yes you would!" He heard a high pitch voice right in front of him. "I mean, the fall is dangerous," it continued as Peter strained his eyes to see what he was missing. All he saw was the fallen leaf, the edges curled up slightly and its thick veins bulging out the size of arms. "What are you doing way out here? On a journey I see." It kept going on.

"Okay I give up! Where are you?" Peter growled, giving the leaf one good look over.

"Right below you," the voice came again. Peter looked down at his feet, at his slightly used boots, at first he saw nothing, but after a moment the area in front of him wavered like heat on pavement during a hot day and an odd little creature appeared. It was obviously a boy; it had a bright blue shirt, two legs, white pants… and wings like a fairy. This fairy boy was only about three tall, it had light blue eyes, blond hair and a few freckles scattered over its face. He seemed to be carrying a metal stick in one hand with his other dug into his pants pocket. He was hovering a few feet above the ground and his wings emitted a soft hum Peter could suddenly hear. The wings reflected what little light there was in the dim forest and shined like a dim flashlight. Before Peter could ask what the creature was while assuming it was a fairy it said, "I'm a Sairy, like a fairy from your childhood stories but bigger."

"Yeah, I kind of figured that everything in this forest does seem a lot bigger." Peter shuffled one hand in his pocket over the map, while his other rubbed his neck—did this creature want the map too?

"You mean enchanted!" the Sairy cut him off as the little ball of energy picked himself up and flew around Peter once, making sure to keep his eyes on Peter the entire time.

Peter, skeptical of this forest after being attacked didn’t take too kindly to the fairy boy—he wanted to get out of the forest, but going home wouldn’t be an option now.  With the way he, acquired, his funding for the map returning to the city wouldn’t be one of his brightest ideas. "Uh, that too, do you want to do me a favor? I'm trying to find my way to the other side of the forest and, well, I'm sort of lost." Maybe this Sairy didn’t know of the map, maybe the little idiot would lead him through the forest no problem.  Why hadn’t he ever heard of this creature before?  Form what he can remember he’s lived next to the huge forest all his life.  Did the city just ignore them?

"Sure!" The Sairy responded, making another circle around Peter, "I love to make new friends! I haven't had a new friend for quite a while now!” Peter smiled awkwardly at the Sairy.  He wondered if the Sairy saw or heard the screeching hand earlier—were they working together?  Running into both of them in such quick secession seemed a bit, odd.