Reminiscence

"Hey, Smiley, are you going? I'm going to leave ya at the rate that you're going..."

It had been a month since monsters were freed from their prison. Most of them enjoyed their life at the surface. Sure, it had taken them a while to adjust, but soon enough, every monster enjoyed their pacifistic life, not bothering to worry anymore about what the day had planned out for them, or whether they would be gaining L.O.V.E or being the victim of it.

This being the case, none of them saw a point in going back to where they were trapped in for so long. All monsters, except for an exception of two: A short skeleton and a talking flower. For some unknown reason, they could always be trusted upon to come back to Mt. Ebott for hours at a time.

"Ya, ya, I'm coming we- Flowey."

The skeleton caught himself at the word, and changed it before he fully said it. He knew what she would have said about that, and she wouldn't have liked it all. Besides, hadn't she always said to be kind? It would be an insult to her memory if he didn't do her final favor, and that would be quite rude, considering they were about to visit her.

The skeleton felt his eye flare red, and in a flash of red, they were out of sight.

"Welp. We're here."

They had reached the area where no light was to be seen except from the center of the room, which was the spot that marked the beginning of her journey, that marked the beginning of a friendship with Flowey.

"Sans, you know we're not in the correct room right?"

"I know, Flowey. I just... want to stay here for a while and delay it. Go ahead."

"Ok, I'll meet you up there, Smiley."

Walking onward, memories flashed. He always recalled memories that he preferred forgotten and buried when he was close to her grave, and it never varied when it came to the degree of nostalgia they came with. The nostalgia was always overwhelming, yet it was addicting in an odd sort of way. He had mixed feelings about the memories he was reliving in his mind, but they always burdened his visit to her grave.

"Hey, sweetheart. Knock knock."

"Oh god, another one? Heh, heh. You know I'm still not yet done laughing at your last pun, right? Heh. Fine. Who's there?"

"Flower."

"Flower who?

He had finally reached the site. Buttercups littered the place, and bright sunlight was flooding the room. However, one feature ruined the otherwise tranquil, and pleasant place.

Sans found Flowey at the side of her tombstone, and it was with a melancholic face and a dead tone that he said, "Took you long enough. I'm going, because this place still... creeps me out. Plus, I'm done looking around and visiting her. Take your time, and see ya around, I guess..."

A second later, he heard a pop, and he was all alone, except with her tombstone. 

Succumbing to the memories, he dropped down to his kneecaps, and began caressing the tombstone with surprising gentleness, more than was normal for a monster from his world. Knowing that nobody was watching, he whispered the answer with the ghost of her laughter,

"Flower you today, sweetheart?" 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ANDDDDDD we're done! There's only one part left, and that's the credits to the inspiration of this piece!

I have mixed feelings about this part, I feel like the dialogue could have once again been better, but I'm happy with the rest of it, especially the media that I chose. It goes hand in hand with this part, especially the music, since it's called "Memory" [Undertale OST Track#034] and it's kinda obvious that this part is centered around memory and nostalgia. I really recommend reading this part while the music's playing in the background ^-^ I was really eager to finish this part with as much feels as possible, so I spent around 30 minutes looking for this track.

Now, I want you to know, I'm working on a book called "Determination." It's a story based on my AU, UnderSoul, and I'm currently working on it. I'm ready to publish the first part, it's ready to go, but there's one thing that's holding me back from publishing it: the cover. As you guys have the right to know, I suck at art. So I've decided to collaborate with my friend NightOwl_Bangtan/ NightX with the cover. I already said I might do collabs with her [have you read my description?], but this is not the only thing she's willing to collab with for me. She also said she's going to be working with me on some of the chapters with Chara in it, and I don't know why, but it might have something to do with Chara probably being her bae [happy with the edit, Bins?]

So, if you're reading this, Biancs, I really need to talk with you about the cover so I can get this story out ASAP. Maybe during school or PM me, IDK, just talk to me when you feel like it :3

Link to Bins' profile:

https://www.wattpad.com/user/NightOwl_Bangtan

Art and music DOES NOT belong to me, it belongs to these people:

PianoPrinceOfAnime on Youtube

Link:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UComlwUOJWyiLK8Wl5jsBVdw

Qin-Yin in DeviantArt

Link:

http://qin-ying.deviantart.com/

That's all for now, and hope you enjoyed this! Look out for the credits!

-Rei

*Stay determined for me, will you not, my old friend?