Forgiven Regrets

Walking on, they encountered a monster that looked curiously like a volcano. The skeleton had promised to let their friend be when encounters came, but he was still wary. When it was the monster's turn, they had attacked violently and mercilessly. The magma that poured forth from them rained down; and the human was unfortunately exhausted due to their long walk through the Hotlands, leaving them vulnerable to the attack. It had taken off of them 11 HP, with the end result of the skeleton forgetting about his promise and in a flash, the monster was impaled by a bone outlined in red, a spiked end topping it off. All that remained of the encounter was a pile of dust, and it had left the skeleton who provoked the attack feel nothing but the satisfaction that normally came when EXP was gained. Looking at his friend to check if they were all right, the skeleton immediately felt a rare sensation deep in their soul. The look that was on the human's face was not one of gratitude; it was one of shock and regret.

"Oh god... damn it kid, I'm so sorry. You know us monsters... we really are monsters. Because in this world, it's still kill or be killed... I still don't get how you show mercy to us... It's odd, y'know? We're so used to brutal treatment and being treated as if we're scum in this world, yet... you still somehow manage it. See the good side in others... It's a talent in here. I guess –"

"Sans, stop. Just stop. I'm not mad at you. We're in this world after all. You can't help it. I know you're really trying. I just... want to get to the Barrier, ok? I want everyone to be safe, and if possible, I will find a way to free all of you, no matter the cost. You all deserve the Surface, no matter how much L.O.V.E. you guys have. It's kinda understandable why you all act like this. You're all trapped, you're all frustrated at your lives, you're all... lonely. You all need somebody to talk to. Sans, I know you told me that all of the monsters can be rude at times, but I don't want to help that. Besides, you're living proof otherwise. I mean, any monster would have left me and Flowey alone, but you...? You warmed up to us. You eventually decided to help us to the Barrier. So don't beat yourself up for letting your other side show, ok? You're trying, and you're not anymore the jerk you think you are. I mean, if you still were, why would I be here, laughing and smiling easier than I had done before I met you?"

At that instant, the tension that grew between them since the encounter eased, and they continued onward, with the human mentioning a random pun. Warmth once more radiated from the pair as they walked on to the elevator as they laughed with not a care in the world, and under her breath, the human said an inaudible message to their friend, "Please Sans. No matter what...always stay like this. Always be kind."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OK, if there's one thing that's my enemy, it's edgy dialogue. I mean, I spent at least 30 fudging minutes to think up of that when I did the rough draft [I copy and pasted it from word XD], and even now when I edited it so it's both appropriate to all audiences [there were some probably big swears in the rough draft] and it's more of my taste, I still feel like I could have done a better job. So, straight forward summary, I'm not happy with this chapter :T

But like I said, I always try to post quality content, so uhh... I might be constantly editing this part until I'm happy with the dialogue. So ya...

Music once again DOES NOT belong to me, it belongs to this fab girl:

Lia1291 on Youtube

Le link:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Lia1291/featured

Hope to see you once again, and hope you like what I have so far! [You can go ahead and tell me the dialogue sucks in the comments section, I won't mind]

-Rei

*Try to stay determined, bud...