Chapter Four

Chapter 4

   The first few days of working at The Sandbox went smoothly, well as smooth as it could go for someone as inexperienced as I was. A lot more people than I expected came in and out all day, making me realize that maybe I had been living in my own sort of bubble, thinking that any sort of rough play was wrong. Actually, the most bought items were the whips, canes, and handcuffs. If I were being truthful, the thought of someone using something like that on me was arousing.

   Ian hadn’t given me too much shit either. He would occasionally slap or pinch my ass when I wasn’t looking, but he never once brought up what had happened a few nights ago in my apartment. He should be glad he didn’t because I would have probably choked him out, or something equally extreme. I actually found myself enjoying being around him. He’s so quiet and nice in public. I wonder if that’s a front for how he is behind closed doors... Or maybe he’s just bipolar.

   I was thinking about Ian’s different personalities, when suddenly my phone started blaring. Looking around and seeing that no one was searching the store, I answered it. “Hello?”

   “Where the hell have you been? You dropped off the face of the earth for four fucking days and you can’t bother to even text me, or call me?” Anna screeched from the other end of the line and I had to pull the phone away from my ear to keep her voice from piercing my ear drums. “Ember, you answer me before I find out where you are and come kidnap you. I swear you will never see the light of day again, Missy!”

   I sighed when she finally stopped yelling in my ear and quietly, albeit calmly, answered her. “As you probably know, I got fired. One of my...friends offered me a job so I took it. It’s only until I can find a new job, okay? I have just been busy.” She was silent on the other end of the line. “Anna?”

   “You could have at least texted me! I’m your best friend! You should tell me when you go missing for days at a time.” She said, and I could tell that she was pouting. I laughed quietly at how childish my friend could be.

    “Anna, I can’t talk right now. I am working. I-” Suddenly my phone was ripped from my hand and Caine stood towering over me with my back pressed against the counter. This was the first time I had seen him in days, but he was still just as handsome as he had been while in a suit. My eyes wandered along the edge of his jaw, down his throat to his chest, which was pressed tightly to mine.

   My breathing picked up as he looked at me, my phone still in his hand and his body flush against mine. I was imagining this man in a lot of other sticky situations. In my bed, in my shower, maybe even in the dirt somewhere out in the middle of the woods. My body didn’t care where we were as long as he took me. As if noticing our predicament, he thrust his hips against mine and I could feel the hard length of him against me. It took every ounce of willpower in my body to suppress the shiver that threatened to escape.