Chapter 20

I can't breath. There is no air. Just water. Water creeping up my sides. Water spilling into my mouth. Water slowly confining me into a prison. I am drowning. 

I let out a scream into the murky water and press my hands up to the glass that is trapping me. I close my eyes, and when I open them again my water filled glass box moved into a dark cave. Eric appears holding a large gun. My parents, Caleb, and Tobias are all on there knees with there hands tied behind their backs in front of Eric.

I pound on the glass. I need to save them. I need to stop this. I need to breath. 

My pounding gets me nowhere. My lungs are burning. I look out at Eric only to see him hold the gun to my mother. Fight back! Why are they not fighting. 

The gun goes off. I pound on the glass harder. The gun goes off again, and my father crumples to the ground. I let a scream out of my lungs, but nothing comes out. I have no air. The gun goes off again. This time it was Caleb. I stop pounding on the glass, because I have no more energy. My limbs have become heavy, and my mind is getting more and more cloudy by the second. I hear the gun go off a final time. I look up at see Tobias fall. 

This is it. I am done. 

I sit right up in my bed. My breathing is heavy and uneven. I press my hands to my face and wipe away the tears. That was probably the worst dream I have had in my whole life. Nothing compares to that. 

I look around my room and try to gather my surroundings. It is still dark outside, and I have no idea where my phone is. I look over the side of my bed and see that it fell on the floor. I guess I knocked it off my bed while I was sleeping. 

As the sleep wears off, I remember what happened to Tobias. I reach over to my phone and pick it up. 

My phone tells me that it is three in the morning. It also tells me that I have no missed messages. This is weird. I send Tobias a quick text and ask if he is okay. I put my phone down and run to my closet. There is no point in trying to sleep anymore, because I will not be able to. I pull out my black  pair of jeans, and a black pullover. 

I check my phone again before  I run into the bathroom. I turn on the light, allowing the large rush of light blind me for a second. I look into the mirror as my eyes adjust to the light. 

I look awful. There is dry blood all over me from the cut on my hand and the gash in my arm. That belt doesn't feel the best. I also have some scratch marks on my shoulder from where Tobias's Dad dug his nails into my skin. On top of that, I still have the faded bruise on my cheek, the terrible bruising on my ribs, and the stupid cast on my other arm. 

I look over to my arm. I can't tell where the cut is, because there is so much dry blood surrounding it. I set my clothes down on the counter and get ready for a quick shower. 

After my shower I take a closer look at the gash in my arm. It defiantly is not as bad as it feels. It is a shallow cut, but it will leave a scar. I throw on the clothes I picked and leave the bathroom. I'm not in the mood to make myself look decent, so I skip the makeup. 

I pick up the brush that I left on my dresser, and brush my hair really fast. I don't want to put a whole lot of effort into that either. 

I run over to my phone to see I have no texts. I really don't know what I am going to do. I walk over to my closet and pick up a pair of athletic shorts and running shoes. 

After I change again, I grab my keys, backpack, and go over to Caleb's room. "I'm going running." I tell him as I take his beanie from his desk. 

"That's mine." He mumbles as he wakes up a little.