Chapter 14

The sound of a squeaky door forces me to come into consciousness. As soon, as my brain starts to run through the events of last night, a sharp pain rushes through my head. I keep my eyes closed and bring my hands to my face. 

"Oh sorry. I didn't mean to wake you." Tobias says. Just the sound of his voice causes another wave of pain to wash over me. 

"Shh. My head." I mumble. My mouth was closed while I tried to say that, so I am pretty sure it sounded like nothing. 

"Tris, I am so sorry, but that made no sense." He says again. 

I open my mouth and try again."My head." 

"Ohh. Sorry." He whispers. "Just go back to sleep and when you wake up, it will feel better."

I open my right eye just a little bit so I can figure out where I am. The room is completely dark, and I can't make out anything. I just feel so weird, like this isn't real. Like I am in a dream, and any minute now I will wake up in a hospital or something. "Where am I? What about school?"

"Don't worry. School doesn't start for another six hours and don't worry about where you are." Tobias whispers. I can't miss school, because it would be a little hard to hide what happened if I miss school. I can't be at home. My parents are probably really worried right now.

I let out a long sigh and try to clear my head. After my head is cleared, I let my mind drift off into darkness once again.

-----Page Break-----

"Tris I hate to wake you up, but school starts in two hours." Tobias shakes my shoulder. I wait for the great wave of pain to come, but it never does. All that is comes is a slight throbbing in my head.

I open my eyes and look around the room. The only light is the moonlight coming in through the window. "Wait two hours? Why do we need two hours?" I ask Tobias. I think it is time he explained what was going on.

"We are at Zeke's house, so it will take a bit to drive down to school. Last night, I called Zeke and he drove your car here, and I drove you in Zeke's car. We couldn't go back to my house because of my father. The only place I could think of is here. I used your phone to text your parents. I told them that there was a project and you were going to go to Christina's." He explains.

"You really thought that through." I tell Tobias.

"I texted your parents really late to tell them that you thought it was too late to drive home, so you were going to stay at Christina's." Tobias adds.  

I try to pull my self into a sitting position, and that is when I feel the pain in my ribs. "Ow." I mange to get out. 

"Oh yeah, you probably broke your ribs again." I see Tobias come sit next to me on the bed. He helps me sit up. "When they punched your cheek, I think you bit the inside of your mouth." 

"I guess I will be a little sore for a while." I let out a laugh, but the laughing hurts my rib cage. I stop laughing immediately and grab my rib cage. 

"Your going to have to be careful. I'll cancel boxing today. It would be better for everyone." Tobias says. "Plus I bet Peter could use it." 

The sound of his name brings back every little detail of last night. It is like a slap to the face. "Who else was there besides Peter?" 

"Drew and that quiet kid Al. He never stuck me as the kind of person to hang around Peter. Drew I could believe it. I don't know, I guess people change." Tobias says. I can hear the sad tone leak into his words. 

I never knew who Al was. I knew of Drew, but I wonder who Al is. "I havn't even heard of Al." I tell him. 

"I don't know him that well." Tobias replies. "Him and Drew ran away before I could catch them." I look up at Tobias's face and see that his eyes are reflecting the moonlight. His expression looks really troubled.